Good, CHEAP wet foods for UTI?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artgecko

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks again for the replies...

I stopped by petsmart today and picked up some more authority cans as well as some friskies cans. I forgot to get the proplan urinary though...I'll check that out the next time I stop by. Unfortunately all of the authority cans seem to have some sort of fish (further down in the ingredients list), do you think that will be a problem?

My plan, as of right now, is to slowly switch him over from the Rx C/D to Nutro Max adult dry...I did cut the C/D label off the bag and have it somewhere, so I'll commpare the ingredients and percentages to the Nutro Max dry and see what the differences are.

Does anyone have an opinion on which is better (ingredients, etc.), the Nutro Max or the Pro Plan urinary? I'll try to look the specs. up online and post them in my next post...
I was planning on switching all of the cats over to Taste of the Wild, so I'm kinda bummed out by having to feed a lower quality food just for urinary health. *sigh*

Thanks!
Art

artgecko

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This info is from the petco site...
ProPlan Urindary Adult Dry Formula:
Corn gluten meal, chicken, wheat flour, brewers rice, ground yellow corn, animal fat preserved with mixed-tocopherols (form of Vitamin E), egg product, sodium caseinate, phosphoric acid, calcium carbonate, potassium chloride, animal digest, salt, L-Lysine monohydrochloride, dried whey, choline chloride, dicalcium phosphate, taurine, zinc sulfate, ferrous sulfate, manganese sulfate, Vitamin E supplement, niacin, citric acid, Vitamin A supplement, calcium pantotheante, thiamine mononitrate, copper sulfate, riboflavin supplement, Vitamin B-12 supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, Vitamin D-3 supplement, calcium iodate, biotin, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of Vitamin K activity), sodium selenite.

Crude protein (min.) 31%, crude fat (min.) 14%, crude fiber (max.) 2%, moisture (max.) 10%, ash (max.) 6.2%, linoleic acid (min.) 1.6%, calcium (Ca) (min.) 0.7%, phosphorus (P) (min.) 0.6%, magnesium (Mg) (max.) 0.075%.

Nutro Max Adult Dry Formula:
Chicken Meal, Corn Gluten Meal, Wheat Flour, Ground Rice, Poultry Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Ground Whole Wheat, Natural Flavors, Chicken, Yeast Culture, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Menhaden Fish Oil (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Choline Chloride, DL-Methionine, Taurine, Zinc Sulfate, Dried Cranberry, Ferrous Sulfate, Vitamin E Supplement, Inosotol, Niacin, Copper Sulfate, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Manganous Oxide, Riboflavin Supplement (source of Vitamin B2), Potassium Iodide, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (source of Vitamin B6), Thiamine Mononitrate (source of Vitamin B1), Dried Blueberry, Biotin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Menadione Sodium Bisulfate Complex (source of Vitamin K activity), Folic Acid, Sodium Selenite.

Crude Protein (min): 30%
Crude Fat (min): 15%
Crude Fiber (max): 4%
Moisture (max): 10%
Ash (max): 6.75%

Guarenteed Analysis from the Nutro site:
Crude Protein (minimum) 32.00%
Crude Fat (minimum) 17.00%
Crude Fiber (maximum) 3.00%
Moisture (maximum) 10.00%
Ash (maximum) 6.50%
Linoleic Acid (minimum) 3.50%
Magnesium (maximum) 0.085%
Zinc (minimum) 200 mg/kg
Vitamin E (minimum) 150 IU/kg
Taurine (minimum) 0.16%
Ascorbic Acid (minimum)* 18 mg/kg
Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) (minimum)* 0.05%

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by artgecko

Unfortunately all of the authority cans seem to have some sort of fish (further down in the ingredients list), do you think that will be a problem?
it could be... btw, the authority lamb & rice one does NOT have a fish ingredient. that's the only flavor i buy

ingredients for authority lamb & rice [pate style]: lamb broth, lamb, animal liver, chicken liver, egg product, brewer's rice, guar gum, salt, potassium chloride, taurine, brewer's dried yeast, choline chloride, vitamins E, A, D3, B-12 supplements, thiamine mononitrate, nicacin, d-calcium pantothenate, pyroxidine hyrochloride, riboflavin supplement, folic acid, biotin, ferrous sulfate, zinc oxide, copper protenate, maganous sulfate, potassium iodide, sodium selenite. [off of the can in my house,
]

artgecko

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
TY....I got 6 cans of that particular variety...just didn't bother to read the label.

Art

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by artgecko

This info is from the petco site...
ProPlan Urindary Adult Dry Formula:
Corn gluten mealfine in a food but not first .., chicken good but it is mostly water so this food is really corn , wheat and poor quality rice, wheat flourallergen, brewers ricepoor quality , ground yellow corncorn or corn gluten this far is fine but not both in one formulas IMHO, animal fat preserved with mixed-tocopherols (form of Vitamin E), egg product, sodium caseinate, phosphoric acid, calcium carbonate, potassium chloride, animal digest, salt, L-Lysine monohydrochloride, dried whey, choline chloride, dicalcium phosphate, taurine, zinc sulfate, ferrous sulfate, manganese sulfate, Vitamin E supplement, niacin, citric acid, Vitamin A supplement, calcium pantotheante, thiamine mononitrate, copper sulfate, riboflavin supplement, Vitamin B-12 supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, Vitamin D-3 supplement, calcium iodate, biotin, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of Vitamin K activity), sodium selenite.

Crude protein (min.) 31%, crude fat (min.) 14%
low end normals , crude fiber (max.) 2%, moisture (max.) 10%, ash (max.) 6.2%, linoleic acid (min.) 1.6%low still in afFCO guidelines but , calcium (Ca) (min.) 0.7%, phosphorus (P) (min.) 0.6%, would like to know the max ...magnesium (Mg) (max.) 0.075%.

Nutro Max Adult Dry Formula:
Chicken MealLITTLE water so this stays the main after cooking, Corn Gluten Meal, Wheat Floursee above: the gluten aids in UTI health , Ground Riceokay wish it was second not fourth , Poultry Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Ground Whole Wheat, Natural Flavors, Chicken, Yeast Culture, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Menhaden Fish Oil (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Choline Chloride, DL-Methionine, Taurine, Zinc Sulfate, Dried Cranberry, Ferrous Sulfate, Vitamin E Supplement, Inosotol, Niacin, Copper Sulfate, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Manganous Oxide, Riboflavin Supplement (source of Vitamin B2), Potassium Iodide, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (source of Vitamin B6), Thiamine Mononitrate (source of Vitamin B1), Dried Blueberry, Biotin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Menadione Sodium Bisulfate Complex (source of Vitamin K activity), Folic Acid, Sodium Selenite.

Crude Protein (min): 30%low end of normal is this a hairball or indoor formula
Crude Fat (min): 15%low end of normal
Crude Fiber (max): 4%
Moisture (max): 10%
Ash (max): 6.75%

Guarenteed Analysis from the Nutro site:
Crude Protein (minimum) 32.00%
Crude Fat (minimum) 17.00%
these are better than the other two

Crude Fiber (maximum) 3.00%
Moisture (maximum) 10.00%
Ash (maximum) 6.50%