Good and bad at the shelter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I clipped some claws this morning.  Then I saw a couple looking at the cats/kittens.  They recently lost their cat (she disappeared July 4, and hasn't been seen).  I brought a number of kittens out for them to hold, and they chose a little tabby girl I had some fears for and was going to volunteer to foster if necessary.  Then a girl and her mother came in looking for a kitten; mom wasn't much of a cat person, but the goth-y daughter clearly had plenty of love available.  Again, I brought out a lot of kittens, but when I brought out a little black and white runt, it curled up on her neck and she said, "This is my kitten."

A lynx-pointed kitten, in a cage with two siblings, was clearly going downhill all morning.  URI, no doubt.  She will likely be treated, but she was plainly miserable.

And some folks brought in a dog their neighbors had moved out and abandoned.  The poor old girl was dragging a pendulous tumor, but was still a happy, friendly dog.  She wagged her tail all the way back to that terrible dark room in the back.  RIP.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't really expect someone who would abandon an animal to get it vet attention but it still makes me mad when I hear about someone who doesn't get vet care for a pet. I am not one of these people who believes that the sky's the limit when it comes to the cost of vet care I simply can't always afford it but at least have the decency to take the pet to a vet to be put down.  No one should leave a pet to suffer or abandon it.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AW Mike :hugs: You do wonderful, magical things at the shelter as a volunteer!!!!! I am sorry about the dog - it was probably a huge lipoma as old dogs get those and they can get massively huge. RIP sweet old girl :rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I saw a kitten get hit in the road today. Hiway 288 in Freeport, TX. I'm not sure where it came from;it may even have been hiding under the vehicle ahead of me. If got bowled over, then scooted off the road to the right shoulder. I was pulling over when I saw it scoot back across the road and into the wide median. I went back and looked, but I couldn't find it. Looked about 8 weeks old, little fluffy blue kitten. Didn't appear too badly injured. My bet is a feral with a home there on the culverts.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I saw a kitten get hit in the road today. Hiway 288 in Freeport, TX. I'm not sure where it came from;it may even have been hiding under the vehicle ahead of me. If got bowled over, then scooted off the road to the right shoulder. I was pulling over when I saw it scoot back across the road and into the wide median. I went back and looked, but I couldn't find it. Looked about 8 weeks old, little fluffy blue kitten. Didn't appear too badly injured. My bet is a feral with a home there on the culverts.
:cringe: :sobbing: OH no... I can't believe you saw it run off. How could it have survived that :dk:. OH poor little baby. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: