Gonna have my foot xray'd tonight

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babygirl

I hope it's not broken. Sending lots of good vibes.

The best thing about being in a wheelchair and going to the parks is that as soon as they see you they will take you to the front of the line with the person that pushing you. You get to skip everybody, and yes you can get on all the rides.
Hmmm... then maybe I will get a wheelchair anyways and get to the front of the lines!!
I wouldn't do that to all the people who have been waiting for hours. That just wouldn't be nice unless I really need the wheel chair.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any news yet??? I hope it's not broken.

If it is, I do have a story for you though...almost 3 yrs ago, I had to have surgery on Both...yes, both, of my feet thanks to years of dancing....they had to completly reconstruct the bones in my left foot and fix my pinky toe on my right foot- It was about a month before my senior cruise....I wound up with two huge boot casts (i wear a 5 1/2 so those things were quite large on my feet- i found that wearing 2 pairs of socks over the bandaging helps
). I was in a wheel chair for the first two weeks- it was quite humorous- i borrowd my grandad's wheel chair (he passed away around 1990...and he had had the chair for at least 30 years beore that). He had one of those old school wheel chairs you have to wheel with your hands- it was aweful...i couldn't steer or anything- so all of my friends would wheel me around campus- i got slammed into a few doors and pushed down a few hills by my delightful friend Caroline.
Well, after about 2 weeks of being wheel chair bound, I was allowed to "walk...lol, that was a sight in two boot casts
But you know what? I went on my senior cruise- boot casts and all! lol...the only horrible thing I can think of was the Muster Drill---you can't use the elevators and you have to go up and down several flights of stairs- my friends had to carry me
but that was even kind of fun, so it wasn't too bad. I couldn't get in the water or sand with my casts- but I did get to enjoy the beach and the shops, etc...it was nice! Hopefully if you do have to wear the boot cast it won't be soo bad.
Where there's a will, there's a way! I hope you don't have a break, but if you do- it will be alright

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending good foot vibes! ((())) I had a stress fracture in my foot about 10 years ago. It was so painful for so long - when I finally got "the boot" it felt so good.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its not broken!!
BUt there is quite un ugly bruise according to the doc. He gave me this shoe thing (I will get a picture for you all in a bit). First they brought out a shoe that would have fit Big Foot! I just laughed!! Then she brought out one that was for a kid!! She had to go back out and dig one that was the right size and it still doesn't fit like it should! He gave me a RX for Vicodin
and ibufrofin (800 mg). So I will go get that tonight after work sometime!

Thanks for all the no broke foot vibes!! They worked!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Its not broken!!
BUt there is quite un ugly bruise according to the doc. He gave me this shoe thing (I will get a picture for you all in a bit). First they brought out a shoe that would have fit Big Foot! I just laughed!! Then she brought out one that was for a kid!! She had to go back out and dig one that was the right size and it still doesn't fit like it should! He gave me a RX for Vicodin
and ibufrofin (800 mg). So I will go get that tonight after work sometime!

Thanks for all the no broke foot vibes!! They worked!!
See? that's what I'm talking about!!! I DID break my foot and they didn't give me Vicodin
do I look like a druggie or something?
Glad to hear its not broken though! I would keep it elevated as much as possible and ice it too

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

See? that's what I'm talking about!!! I DID break my foot and they didn't give me Vicodin
do I look like a druggie or something?
Glad to hear its not broken though! I would keep it elevated as much as possible and ice it too
Ithink he just felt bad becuase i had to sit in the there for 3 hours. They brought me in the exam room and left me for 1 1/2 hrs cause he was sewing people up. Just a little crazy!!!