gone for a while but back!

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
its been quite a while since i chatted with you all. I believe my last posts in the cat lounge were about getting married. 

well for the last year i went thru a very tough time. I did get married and the wedding and reception was wonderful. Now before the marriage I was with the guy and living with him for 5 1/2 years and we had 4 cats together so you think everything is going to be all good right? well...not so. 4 months after the wedding I come home after working a 10 hour day and he tells me he "cant do this anymore". Long story short I find out he started cheating with a girl from his bowling alley league!!! I dont deal with infedelity. I packed all my stuff and moved in with my parents and took 2 of the cats, he kept the other 2. I was crushed at 1st but then emotionally I said to myself im going to fight with everything I got! I started going out right away, having fun and meeting new people. I still went thru a phase where i partied too much and almost hit rock bottom, yeah, he almost broke me, but he didnt. I just kept fighting the fight. I went to a wonderful therapist who helped me out tremendously and work was very understanding in giving me some time off that was needed. I also am very lucky to have the friends and family i do as a support group. 

To make matters tougher a few months after that happened my love and shining light, my cat who was 15 yrs old and i had since he was a kitten had to be put to sleep due to renal failure. that crushed me. 

a few months later ( still living with the rents) i decided to better myself and with my income tax i bought myself the schooling for online medical billing and coding....so far doing great in that btw. 

My divorce was finally final in april. 

After the kindness of my parents letting me live with them rent free for a little over a year I was ready to be responsible and on my own again. A great opportunity came up with a friend and I got my own apartment and a few weeks later I got my new kitten- Seven. 

I officially feel like im back on my feet again. Im much stronger and wiser from the experience and do not regret anything because i still believe everything happens for a reason. 

well thats my story guys....I'm glad to be back and I'm super glad to have a new kitten in my life 

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
back! You've certainly gone through a lot, but it's good to hear that things are going well for you again. Please post some photos of Seven!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 <3((((((((^^))))))))<3 *PRAYERS* for your precious cat, who is in good Care and watching over you from the Rainbow Bridge, where you will be reunited in due time.  He is always with you and always in your heart.

I've been where you are now, in a way -- my ex woke up and decided he didn't want me or our large family of rescued cats (or our first beautiful home and land) any more, so I had all of that plus much more to deal with at the same time.  I thought it would kill me, but it didn't.  And in a previous divorce, I did the partying till I drop thing, too -- got over that and never went back.  Now, it's me and my (feline) loved ones, and we have a pretty good life together.  Could be better, but it could be a whole lot worse.  Good on ya for getting your priorities straight and taking good care of YOU.  And welcome to Seven!  
 who I'm sure is your best and most loyal friend.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
thank you both for your kind words, and Tarasgirl im sorry you had to go through something similiar as me....i think we are better off with our felines!!!