Gone But Never Forgotten

jomac400

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
In 2016 I lost both Simon and Suzie Q. Simon had been diagnosed with kidney disease and no matter what we did, I lost him 2 months later. Then in October, Suzie Q had a second stroke, which wasn't as bad as the one she'd had a year earlier. But a couple of days later, she had a seizure of some sort and I knew it was time to say goodbye to her, which I did on Halloween.

It was the first time in 40 years without a cat running around trying to trip me up. Missing them always.

Mashkasheli

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So very sorry for your losses. I lost my Sheleg 3 weeks ago. The pain and hurt is indescribable and I am sure we will always miss them. As your thread says, "Gone but never forgotten" Please take care x :grouphug:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have your precious memories to bring you comfort, that and the incredibly strong bond of love you formed over the years. That bond is spiritual, so eternal, nothing, not even death, can take that from you. I'm sure Simon and Suzie Q both thank you for the wonderful home and the love you brought into their lives, they left you with their eternal love that can never be taken from you., because it is spiritual.
Of course you miss them, they shared their life's journey with you, and now though you walk alone, they will never be far behind, following a new path but one that will be forever entwined with your own. Don't be sad when thinking of them, concentrate on what they brought to your life and know it was something precious and rare. To have never known them at all would be unthinkable. They were in your life for a reason, to bring you love and happiness. They want that to continue, just as you would want for them.
Thank you for your wonderful tribute to two beautiful cats, they will be thought of and prayed for by many now, just as they deserve. Take care of yourself and please come here often for comfort or to offer your wonderful advice from 40 years of sharing your life with a cat, there are many who come here to seek it! .......RIP precious Simon and Suzie Q, you will always have a place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you until you meet again!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Simon and Suzy Q, dream you deep. Two pairs of pawprints, forever on someone's heart.

I can't begin to imagine the grief of losing two babies in one year. I know you miss them deeply. But love never dies, it only changes form, and I believe that they are with you still, unseen, unheard, but loving you yet.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Very sorry for your loss of two in one year, that is so so tough, one is enough but two? We also lost a Simon in 2014, and although it gets somewhat easier as time goes by it never really goes all the way away, but we must remember the good times and love that we shared when they were here. I think there is another kitty or more in your future, when the time is right....

God Bless....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My sincere condolences and deepest regrets. :hugs: Sending special thoughts your way on the loss of Simon and Suzie Q.
Although they may be gone their memories will be in your heart forever. Run pain free at the Bridge. :angel:

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It is something special in every cat around us. So special is the pain of loosing a feline companion.
Milk drops to remember and hugs!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:rbheart: :rbheart: Two special kitty-shaped stars twinkle brightly just for you now, in tribute of the love you gave them, a love that burns as strong as ever. :catrub:

boney girl dad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry for your loss of Simon and Suzie Q. We never forget them and miss them always.
Do you have a new kitty yet?
I lost Boney Girl in 2015 and then Xena in 2016. Thought I was doing okay with no kitties in my house. About 9 months later I adopted Ziva from the shelter and found that I felt so much better. I still love and miss Xena and Boney, and now I love Ziva and she helps me remember.