GoldenKitty, need an opinion on nipples

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
GK, I really need to ask you about my Molly's nipples. I remember you saying that not all will pink up on first time moms. I wondered if they will grow larger in the next couple weeks. I worry she won't be able to nurse kittens from her little boobies, they've not grown.

I just wanted to hear from you because you are experienced in this area

Thanks so much !

PS, I know I sound like it's my first time, but we all know I've done this before. It just seems like this pregnancy is just not as normal as my last one. I will be taking her to the vet a week before she is due for an xray to see exactly how many babies to expect.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They should be ok by the time its time to nurse. My queens didn't really fill out till around the last week before delivery (with filling up with milk). AFTER she nurses (the next time she is bred) they will look more like pregnant cats. They don't quite shrink back to pre-pregnancy size. They always are a bit more noticable.

If you want, rub the nipples with a tiny amount of veggie oil to soften them up - and she will lick them off too.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not GK but it really depends on the individual cat - some wil enlarge greatly, some wont. Don't panic about her pregnancy - often first litters are a bit rocky as you know

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OMG you guys are so awesome!! I feel so much better just from your words of wisdom. I see what you are talking about and totally understand what you say. I just haven't encountered this in any other pregnancies and I just thought it was weird. I know I'm a little anxious about things not being as they normally have been. I am a worry wart on a good day, but you've both just made me feel so much lighter!!!

Big Hugs to you both!!!

(Now for a vodka paralyzer...oh wait, it's a worknight LOL)

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by skewch

OMG you guys are so awesome!! I feel so much better just from your words of wisdom. I see what you are talking about and totally understand what you say. I just haven't encountered this in any other pregnancies and I just thought it was weird. I know I'm a little anxious about things not being as they normally have been. I am a worry wart on a good day, but you've both just made me feel so much lighter!!!

Big Hugs to you both!!!

(Now for a vodka paralyzer...oh wait, it's a worknight LOL)
Darn worknight. Me too!

My maiden queens are usually about half and half - with big nipples, small nipples. I've got a maiden due the 3rd of January and her nipples are on the other scale absolutely huge! They didn't swell up until just a few days ago so I'd say your girl still has time. It must be funny on a naked kitty though. You'd love watching Persian people looking for nipples - you have to search for them!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for that Wellington!! I know I'm being a little anxious, maybe a little annoying but I really don't mean to be this way. I worry about my cats more than myself. I just want everything to be perfect. I am still waiting for the boobies to get big, and HER!! She doesn't show much, but when she lays down on her side, it all protrudes which is a good sign. I told hubby that she doesn't look like there's 3 in there, but anything is possible. We'll just have to wait and see.

Just like any concerned parent, all I want is healthy kitties