Going to the toilet outside

wendy horne

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello Everyone

I hope you can help me. My two kittens, Murphy and Olly are 6 months old and have just been neutered. I've just put them outside for the first time and am keen for them to stop using their litter box. After a couple of days I moved their litter box outside, it was right next to the back door anyway so has actually only moved a couple of feet. They've had a few accidents. They both pooped at the same time on the first day and the next day one peed in the morning and one peed at night. They must have been going to the toilet outside too because they normally go to the toilet alot more than that. I've now got one litter tray inside and one out but they only seem to be using the one inside. Do you think I should have gave them longer to get used to it before I put the box back inside or does anyone have any other suggestions?

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
both my boys use go to the toliet outside however they also do so inside as well. Mine are inside from dusk til dawn so I provide them with 2 litterboxes. During the day they are outside alot.

I think you just need to give them some time... they will work it out, but I think your always going to have to provide them withone inside for those times they are indoors.

I can go for days without my boys using the indoors one and then some days thats all they use.

hope this helps

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by huggles

both my boys use go to the toliet outside however they also do so inside as well. Mine are inside from dusk til dawn so I provide them with 2 litterboxes. During the day they are outside alot.

I think you just need to give them some time... they will work it out, but I think your always going to have to provide them withone inside for those times they are indoors.

I can go for days without my boys using the indoors one and then some days thats all they use.

hope this helps
I have the same situation, they do both, when Chloe was first allowed out she used to rush in use the box and rush out again.

Anne