Going to start babysitting.. ANY sitters here?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pekoe & Nigel

So? How did it go? Did you see your ad in the paper? I guess it's probably too soon to expect people to respond, but I'm always impatient about things like this.
I had one call today but it was from a message I left last week. I was actually wrong about when it ran. I was too late to get the ad in todays adviser. So it will be Wednesday before it runs. And then it will be in the adviser next Monday.

kittiesx2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry I'm late responding, I just saw this thread

I'm a SAHM with three kids of my own. I also watch my DH boss' 2 sons 5 days a week year round. I may also be watching my ex-sister in laws new baby for the Summer starting in June...I know.. it's a lot of kids right!

I think that the most important thing when caring for other people's children is that you get along well with the parents and children. You figure that these kids are going to be at your house an average of 8-10 hours a day..they will be a major part of your life. If the child(ren) annoy you from the beginning, it's probably not a good match

I worked in a childcare center for several years before deciding to stay home with my daughter (the best choice that I ever made!) but money was tight and I was offered a job sitting for a friend...I just keep aquiring kids

I've been watching the two boys for about a year and a half now and they are like family. The younger boy is only a few months older than my 2 year old son and the older boy is about a year younger than my daughter...they fight like siblings and love to be together...It's worked out really well.
We spend time doing art related activities about 2x a week and spend an hour or two outside playing daily (unless it's pouring) We go to the park when the weather cooperates and the zoo occasionally. We all go shopping together and I get alot of stares and people asking "are they all yours?"
I don't do alot of structured activities but I inccorporate learning into everything that we do during the day (ie. we count our crackers,cookies, grapes ect. Sing songs while changing diapers or driving in car. Teach colors by example ("would you like the GREEN truck?") )
It's a lot of work but is also very rewarding! I hope that you find the family that's a perfect match for you.
Any ?'s PM me..