going potty

kittiekitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I saw there was a sticky about peeing, but this is the other one. My kittie thao, 4.5 year old male, has been pooing randomly. About a month to two months ago he pooed twice in our daughters' room twice, then nothing. Then last week he was sick and pooed randomly throughout the house, but he was sick so I didn't think much of it. He's been doing good the past 4 to 5 days and has pooed twice (last night and today) not in the litterbox. I got special cleaner and cleaned his other spots when he was sick and he hasn't done it in the same areas he did when he was sick. My bf is pretty upset and I'm getting thay way too. His potty looks fine and I'm convinced he isn't sick anymore...... what can I do????

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittiekitten

So I saw there was a sticky about peeing, but this is the other one. My kittie thao, 4.5 year old male, has been pooing randomly. About a month to two months ago he pooed twice in our daughters' room twice, then nothing. Then last week he was sick and pooed randomly throughout the house, but he was sick so I didn't think much of it. He's been doing good the past 4 to 5 days and has pooed twice (last night and today) not in the litterbox. I got special cleaner and cleaned his other spots when he was sick and he hasn't done it in the same areas he did when he was sick. My bf is pretty upset and I'm getting thay way too. His potty looks fine and I'm convinced he isn't sick anymore...... what can I do????
You keep saying he was sick... Has he been taken to the vet yet? That is of course the very first thing you have to do.
then you need to clean the spots with a very good enzyme cleaner...
Add another litter box... Make sure your boxes are large, uncovered, accessible and in quiet places, and cleaned at least once a day....
Use another litter, unscented, preferable Cat Attract Litter, by Dr. Elseys.

Good Luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittiekitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have had him since birth along with his mother and brother. He was sick bc I changed their food to a generic from an all natural for a few days while I was sick and unable to get to town. I had been in touch with the vet and the vet said it was the change in food. They have been on their natural food for a week now and he has been better for 5 days. The litter boxes are cleaned at least once a day. I cleaned his messes with a special cleaner made for cat messes and such with special enzymes. Hence why I'm at a loss, clean litter boxes, fine health for 5 days, specially cleaned spots from where he was sick, vet gave him an ok bill of health......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittiekitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ps adopted mother from humane society and she was pregnant with thao and his brother. And I've always used same litter with no problems. I have multiple litter boxes