Going Away

dana17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We took in 2 ferals in december. They 2 yesrs ild. From dame kittwrs. BFF haha
We go away on the weekends to our jersey shorehouse which is only 3 nights and we have an automatic feeder filled alot, 2 water bowls and 2 litter boxes.

We left yesterday morning and wonr be home until Tuesday around 6pm. Will they be fine. We filled the feeders good, the water bowls r filled and i cleaned the litter boxes Friday morning. We pay a compnay to feed our outdoor ferals when we r away on the weekends and if we r away 4 days or more, i have them come inside to care for the other 2. They only let us touch them and run upstairs when others r inside. 1 girl will come inside today bc friday 1 cat, i saw in the litter box had diarrhea, so i asked her to just do the litter bc i hope he is fine and not sick. We have a camera in our kitchen and we can see them when they r in our tv room and kitchen and they seem fine.
I watch the camera alot bc they r my children and we saved them from the outdoors and i want to make sure their lives r stress free. My issue is that they r lonely, if we r away this long, however, they have wach other. It breaks my heart if they r lonely and miss us.
So my original issue was is it okay to leave them alone friday morning to tuesday night having the girl come add food, give more water and do litter boxes on Monday. They will hide, at least they hear a person inside and wont be too lonely. What r ur thoughts.
Ty

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, they will miss you, but they are inside which is safe for them. They have food and a litter box too. I would have someone come in on Sunday to check the food supply as well as clean the litter boxes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dana17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ty for
ur feedback!

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One thing I learned from my neighbors that seem to help if I had to go away for a day or so is to turn on a TV or radio low. That seemed to help. :-) Maybe if you can try that for them?

They will miss you, but they will be safe and looked after thanks to your efforts.