going away for a whole week... miss my babies terribly :(

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Carolina

I am home!!!

They are all happy and healthy

Kelly was here when I got home, and she said Lucky recognized my car because she got all crazy all of the sudden, jumped on the window and started meowing non stop right before I opened the door

Bugsy was on the door waiting for me, so I just picked him up and covered his belly with kisses.
Kelly spent the whole week here, spending all nights with them so they were never alone. They are doing fantastic!

Since I got home Bugsy and Lucky have been playing catch - this is kind of a new development.... they don't play much.... Lucky is more attached to Hope, so I am really happy that she is playing with Bugsy now too

Gracie is doing great as well.... Hope is taking a little time.... But she always does.... She is a bit more skittish.
I am just so happy to be here again with them!
They are the loves of my life!
I am glad your safe and home. It is great your cats are fine too.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like they gave you a nice welcome home

threecatowner

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just as we prepared to leave for our long-awaited New England trip a few years back, Mickey became really, really sick. It was some sort of infection, but his iron levels were so low I was later told by the vet he was close to needing a transfusion. He was home and on meds when we left.

Needless to say, my trip was tainted by my paralyzing fear for him, I made constant calls home. The neighbor girl was coming in to feed both kitties (only 2 at the time), but she wasn't equipped for this. My mom helped as well, but he ended up back at the vet during that long week.

I absolutely understand how you felt. Glad all went well!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Carolina

I am home!!!

They are all happy and healthy

Kelly was here when I got home, and she said Lucky recognized my car because she got all crazy all of the sudden, jumped on the window and started meowing non stop right before I opened the door

Bugsy was on the door waiting for me, so I just picked him up and covered his belly with kisses.
Kelly spent the whole week here, spending all nights with them so they were never alone. They are doing fantastic!

Since I got home Bugsy and Lucky have been playing catch - this is kind of a new development.... they don't play much.... Lucky is more attached to Hope, so I am really happy that she is playing with Bugsy now too

Gracie is doing great as well.... Hope is taking a little time.... But she always does.... She is a bit more skittish.
I am just so happy to be here again with them!
They are the loves of my life!
Yay!
WELCOME HOME!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you friends

It is amazing to be home

You know, for those who say cats don't get attached.... Wow.... should see my cats - they are sending me messages by the minute: "Don't you leave again mommy!"

In the end of the month I will have my long trip - Two weeks out of the country
This one-week trip was good to prepare me.... I have never been away for so long, and it is killing me...
I haven't seen my family for over three years and my grandma is now 98 years old, so I have to go no matter what. I need vacations.... I need to recharge... Need to see my siblings, my dad, my mom.... I have no one here, it is really hard... I am literally in between a rock and a hard place

Kelly is going to stay here again for the whole 2 weeks - she will move in and spend the nights, so they won't be alone, that does make me feel better. She will have my phone in there and I will call every day - if something happens I told her I hop in the plane and will be here ASAP. Hopefully everything will be fine.
They are all doing well - Bugsy is eating like a champ, so is everyone else. I gave the heads up to my vet and authorized them to have Kelly to bring them in if necessary. Kelly also works for another clinic so if something happens things can be done as well. She is a tech (I rather say animal nurse
).
Anyways, right now as I sit here on the couch, I have Bugsy on my left, Lucky on my right, and Hope on the top of me (on the shelf). They are 24/7 within inches of their momma - I am loving it!!!

If I could I would take them to Brasil with me.... but.... I guess there is not enough sunblock for my whities that I can find!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like you have an awesome kitty sitter, and your kitties approve, which is the most important thing! What more could you ask for?!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah, Kelly, is a blessing, a God-sent... She LOVES my babies, and that is the most important part for me.... She gets here and Bugsy goes straight to her, no ceremony

She is a great friend, and I trust her through and through - with all my traveling for work, I don't know what I would do without her...

It makes all the difference in the World to know that Bugsy has someone to cuddle at night, to know that they are not alone, and they are being cared by someone who truly cares for them
. Kelly sends me pictures of them eating, hanging out, lets me know how they are doing.... She keeps me sane.
She is the only one I trust to leave them with - nobody else. I am very fortunate to have her in our lives - she has a huge place in all of our hearts