Godiva - picture of Tobie's sister

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another interesting thing - I always thought that silvers (tabby) had to have green eye color and was gonna comment about the gold eye color on her. However, reading the ASH standard for CFA; silver tabbies can have gold, green or hazel eye color.

The shaded silvers HAVE to have green eyes - no other color allowed. That's interesting to me when you both have the "silver" gene involved.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Another interesting thing - I always thought that silvers (tabby) had to have green eye color and was gonna comment about the gold eye color on her. However, reading the ASH standard for CFA; silver tabbies can have gold, green or hazel eye color.

The shaded silvers HAVE to have green eyes - no other color allowed. That's interesting to me when you both have the "silver" gene involved.
Yes, I have had others comment similarly about the green eyes... from some of the judges and fellow exhibitors. Sofia and Tux have very golden eyes... very nearly to the point of being orange (in real life, they are orange if you ask me). They are a more rust orange than their mothers, whose eyes are neon orange (if she opens them). I thought I had remembered that color eyes on silver tabbies in ASHs before, so I never really believed them that they HAD to have green eyes... maybe the standard calls for it in some breeds, doesn't mean it can't happen, I figured.

Tobie, Harley, Lacy, and Lucy all have the same color eyes... it's a pale yellow with a little bit of light green in the middle. They aren't the aqua of a mink (maybe a poor aqua) or the green of a shaded silver. I think that's been part of the confusion! Those darn moggies...
Tobie's and Harley's are slightly more green than Lacy's and Lucy's.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They would be considered as "hazel" eye color - mix of gold and green and a little brown sometimes

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course... but I was serious, which forum is it? I probably won't post because I don't breed, but I would love to read what they have to say.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its Breeders - but hey, I'm an ex-breeder - can still help in any breeding questions, genetics, etc. So feel free to post and ask questions.........

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mostly pedigree cats, breeding/showing. But there are members with moggies too.

Did GK send you the link yet?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Didn't have to send the link - just quoted part of the explanation for her