Gnarly is over 2 years old and still hasn't went into heat

freaknpink

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm starting to get concerned about my gnar gnar. She's over two years old now and hasn't went into heat. She got tested at the vet and is healthy and all that. I even had them shave her stomach and she is not spayed. I'm at the point now where I'm not sure if I should need to have her fixed as she's indoors only and in all honestly I'm so attached I don't want her to get the surgery as I'm worried something could happen.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly, if she isn't spayed and hasn't gone into heat, there's probably something wrong with her reproductive organs and that would mean she has a higher chance of cancer and pyometra. It would be better to do it now while she's young and healthy rather than to do an emergency pyo spay when she's 14 years old :/. I think asking your vet's advice would be best here.

She could also have silent heats or be spayed but it didn't leave a scar. How old was she when you got her and what were the circumstances?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

freaknpink

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ive had her since she was around a year old as that's how old my vet thought she was. I was outside on my porch one night and could hear a cat crying in the cow field facing my apartment. She was doing everything she could to get over the fence but couldn't. She was skin and bones poor thing. I tossed a bunch of food over the fence and went to bed after I saw her eating. The next two days went by and I didn't see her again...then I went out of town for Christmas for three days. To my surprise she was sleeping on my pourch waiting for my return when I came home. All I know is shed a stray who was starved.