GMail - Like it or not?

bumpy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have too G-Mail but prefer to use my other web account because of privacy concerns as I am not entirely comfortable with Gmail scanning of my emails.

Besides other free web providers such as yahoo offers up to 1GB which is less than Gmail but I doubt I will ever reach that amount.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I just checked my accounts, and can offer 200 invitations! So much for gmail being "exclusive"! I can even offer foreign-language accounts. When I first signed up, I understood that my gmails would be scanned, and that I would get "appropriate" advertising, but thus far that hasn't happened. Has anybody gotten pop-ups, etc., because they're using gmail?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

talon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No pop ups that I have seen.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never heard of it!

I only have internet access at work where I use my work email, but when I get my new computer for my house at Christmas then I will look into it...it sounds really nice though-especially for those large files thru email, I hate when they are too big to store!!

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love gmail! The storage space is a major plus, the site is rarely down, and I love the conversation threads aspect of it. The search feature is great too. I still use my hotmail address for junk (like when I sign up for something online) but use gmail as my primary address for people I know.