Glandex supplement

Elvisrocks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,
Has anyone used glandex feline anal gland supplement? If so do i.need to.be concerned with constipation? My cat has stools every other day formed but has been having just soft stool at the very end and sometimes gets messy butt and smelly anal.gland smell. I was thinking I would try the glandex to see if that helps at all in case her anal glands arent emptying due to the soft stool at the end. Its weird becuae the rest of her poop is formed, normal tootsie roll looking. Just soft at the end, enough to cause a mess on her butt and fur. She had her anal glands checked several months ago when she was scooting and having this issue. The vet said she had very minimal in her glands, not plugged or anything. She is a nightmare to take to the vet so I don't want to take her to.get them checked again since they were fine before and she gets very stressed and has fic history with stress. Just want to know if anyone has experience with the glandex supplement. Thanks.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have not heard of that supplement. The product web site says it's just a fiber blend to support firm stools which will press against the anal glands as the cat is pooping, thereby releasing any secretions within the glands.

You can express the anal glands yourself at home. It's fairly easy to do but you may need a pair of extra hands to help hold the cat. You can ask the vet to show you how to do this or just find some videos online.

Adding some extra fiber in the diet with canned 100% pumpkin puree may also help some. No need for a special fiber supplement.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Elvisrocks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have not heard of that supplement. The product web site says it's just a fiber blend to support firm stools which will press against the anal glands as the cat is pooping, thereby releasing any secretions within the glands.

You can express the anal glands yourself at home. It's fairly easy to do but you may need a pair of extra hands to help hold the cat. You can ask the vet to show you how to do this or just find some videos online.

Adding some extra fiber in the diet with canned 100% pumpkin puree may also help some. No need for a special fiber supplement.
I have been using weruva food with pumpkin and Tiki topper pumpkin but I think it may be making her stool softer. That's why thought to try this. I'm going to give a 1/4 of the dosage to start and work my way up to the full dosage. This way I hope if problems arise they will be mild and I can catch them early!(fingers crossed). Was hoping someone that had used it would see this thread so I could get personal experiences with it.

Elvisrocks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Also my cat gets pretty mad just when I wipe her back there to keep her clean so I don't think doing her glands is a possibility 😅

Elvisrocks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Glandex And Constipation

I have never used it, so can't comment personally. It does seem as if constipation would be the danger, but there could be a lot of other factors to that.
I just read that thread. I hope this doesn't give her constipation! I decided I'm going to give 1/4 of the recommendation dosage and see how she does and work up to the full dose. That way hopefully it won't be such a shock and if there are issues I can catch them early and not have given such a large dose. She usually goes every other day so if she doesn't stick to that then I will know there is a problem! I have given her pumpkin Tiki topper but I think that may be making her stool softer. I don't know for.sure but seems like.her butt is messier after giving her pumpkin.