Giving kittens away

Dino123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I'm new with cats and kittens a stray cat gave birth in our house it's been 2 months now. I'll be giving the kittens up for adoption. Can someone pls tell me how do I separate mother and her kittens? Won't she be distressed when she finds one or two missing?

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's good to keep the kitten's with mum for 12 weeks if possible. Mum will probably look and call for the kitten's as they go but she'll be fine. Remember mum can get pregnant again pretty quickly so keep her in until spayed or you'll end up with a house full of kitten's. Thank you for looking out for moma and her kitten's.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Definitely get mom spayed now. Do keep the kittens until 12 weeks, and make sure you know who is taking kittens, where they live, who their vet is, and that they will spay or neuter EARLY to prevent breeding.

Let mom see the kittens leaving.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get mom spayed asap and do not give away the kittens. Sell them and use that money to spay mom or go towards the cost of vaccines/dewormers for the kittens. Keep the kittens with mom until 12 weeks old. If possible look at rescues to see if they are willing to help you rehome the kittens. Many will fix them before they leave and have a great adoption process.