GIVING CREDIT WHEN CREDIT IS DUE ... Anne

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
Guess why I knew when my cat bit me that I shouldn't wait to seek medical attention.

This Website: http://www.thecatsite.com

I've been one of the members encouraging others to seek medical help when they posted about being bitten - well, this time I had to take my own advice.

First - to get bitten - I was - well - stupid.

Simon had just been chasing Callee - I thought it was over and reached down to pick him up to remove him from the room and ZZZAAAMMM - blood all over the place.

and, I'm at home - alone.  Simon got me in my lower right arm, close to my wrist and I was bleeding like he punctured a vein.  I had blood all over the white ceramic tile floors, all over my kitchen sink, and then in the bathroom sink as I tried to stop the bleeding.

I threw on some triple acting antibiotic cream, wrapped gauze bandaging around it,, applying pressure and finally it stopped enough for me to drive to the Urgent care. 

Fortunately, there weren't too may people ahead of me.  I got the care I needed, and antibiotics, and told to come back in two days - which I did.  

I called my husband to let him know I was okay, and where I was - I didn't want him coming home and seeing all that blood and having a panic attack.

The next visit, and the second doctor suggested an antibiotic injection, too - I told him I was sort of surprised that they didn't offer that on my previous visit.  They ended up giving me the antibiotic intravenously  - I guess the shot would have had to be given 4 times, and intravenous was a lot better.  

The wound is healing nicely - some red around it, but watching very closely - and faithfully taking my antibiotics - 10 days worth.

I've heard some horror stories where people just didn't take a cat bite seriously and suffered a whole lot for not seeking medical attention - but because of this website I was a lot wiser with my own decision.

Thanks, Anne - your service to both human and animals is to be commended!

g

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I am glad you got yourself taken care of! I've, too, heard horror stories about cat bites and scratches.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I learned that here too! :) Glad you got it taken care of and you are on the mend. :)

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm so glad this ended the way it did! Cat bites are so much nastier than they seem.

But I can't take credit for it myself. It's TCS, yes, but TCS is you! It's the community here that shares information and stories like this. Trust me, I get as much an education here as anyone else ;)

So, thank you for making this website into what it is! And for making my morning too ;)