Giving Away! They Are House Cats

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How old are the kittens? How many are there?

Can you safely keep them until you find a good home?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sherra Makayla Brown

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They are a little over two weeks old and it's four in all. I can but I just don't wanna take them to a shelter I wanna find Them another safe home

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Please don't ever give away a cat and kittens for free. They will be taken by people who want live animals to train their fighting dogs with. Free kittens often end up as snake food.

It's a terrible idea to try and move a cat this soon after giving birth. When are you moving to the new house that doesn't allow pets? Can you delay your move for a few more months? Kittens need to stay with their mother in a stable environment until they are 12 weeks old.

If you can't provide a safe home you should take mother and kittens to a No Kill shelter.

If you are trying to rehome them with Saydee's bed and litter box you should ask potential adopters to pay an adoption fee. Make sure you take the cat and kittens to the adopters home so that you can check them out. Insist that they sign a contract and give you their phone number and address. Don't just hand them over to the first person who shows an interest in them, you need to go with your gut feeling and find a responsible guardian.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree. It's really terrible to move mom and babies this soon after delivering.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try listing them at your vet's office. Keep us posted. Be very discerning!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that you have to rehome your sweet girl. I will keep you all in my prayers and thoughts. And thank you for the pictures, please give us updates. :vibes:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
What happened at your house Sherra Makayla Brown Sherra Makayla Brown ? Did you landlord suddenly decide pets weren't allowed? I don't think they are allowed to change the lease agreement if a tenant already has a pet in the house. Or is Saydee a cat you took in recently?

Is there anyway your landlord would let you keep her as a support animal? I know other people on TCS have got around the No Pets issue at their homes that way.

If you could give us some more details we could help you with information on getting her registered as a support pet.