Giveaway: Free Multi-Cat Kitnip Box Full Of Treats & Toys!

captain dave

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

I have only needed my alarm clock twice now since Abby came home with me. It doesn't matter what time I set it for, I'm guaranteed a wake-up call around 5:00-ish in the morning that consists of being stepped on, walked across, and having my ear purred into...LOUDLY...while having my neck "massaged" (complete with a little kitty acupuncture). Ignore it at my peril...she'll keep going until I finally get up...and then she'll steal my spot and go to sleep.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
ENTRY

The last two years he was alive, my old Wesley suddenly discovered that paperback covers are delicious.  He used to paw at a book until he pulled it off the shelf and then nibble at the edges of its cover.  Then he'd move down the row and pull out another.  He only ate the corners.  Apparently they're the tastiest part of the book.

tsukiyomi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

The first time I met Vincent was when he was just a 6 week old blue eyed baby. There was an instant bond and he dug his cute little head into my chest and just purred up a storm I knew that instant that I'd be adopting him. That day his foster looked at me and told me "I see a lot of love between you two" and she was right I love the little guy and he loves me and his sister Sera.

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

Mittens just loves treats!
He may be a large cat, but he still manages to hide in places where I can't seem to find him. Even Shadow can not always find him.
I learned how I can find Mittens without even trying too hard.
I get a bag of his favorite treats and start shaking it loudly. Not even a minute later, Mittens will come running to me looking for those treats.
That trick always works for finding Mittens!
Now, I need a trick to find Shadow.
The treats trick don't work as well on him.

debbila

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will soon be adopting a 2 1/2 month old kitten. Hopefully Chicquitita, my Siamese/Rag doll will like her and get along well with her. She grew up with my friend's doxie, but hasn't been around any other cats. I would love to have the treats and toys for these playful two.

JMJimmy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

What a smart kitty!
You have no idea (well, unless you've been following the Strange Happenings thread ;)  - he's a freaking ninja, here's another one from him:

ENTRY - We needed to get Mama to the vet for the first time to be scanned for a microchip.  Needless to say stray kitties do not like carriers and he was wise to us before we ever started.  After a half hour battle of us trying to pick him up, corner him, etc. we finally got him in the carrier and locked it up.  The better half takes it down the stairs and sets it down as she's going to lock up behind me as I carry it out.  I notice that the two bottom bars have come loose so I fix it.  What I didn't realize is that Mama had been the one to loosen them.  I opened the gate & patio door to get to the car quickly, pick up the carrier, and I don't take 3 steps before Mama starts pushing on the top of the carrier.  He pushes enough to separate the two parts of the carrier enough that the front door comes loose (those bottom bars pop right out).  That's all he needed, he pushes on the bottom of the door and out he bolts - straight outside not to be seen for 24 hours as punishment for attempting to take him to the vet.  It took me the better part of two months to get him to trust me again (since I'm the one who had to corner him & put him in there in the first place).  To this day he also freaks out any time I put on my jacket + hat + glasses since that's what I wore when I was cornering him.

Needless to say, he's yet to go to a vet.  Round 2 starts next week - this time with a carrier that's bolted together.

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

Had a wonderful sleep last night, Katy was like "glued" to my side, against me all night long.   AHHH.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY - I believe this is the last day for entering (wow, ten days goes by really fast when you're losing your mind!) which means today's story is about the kittens! I look at my two boys these days. Oscar is just a hair over 9 lbs, and Oliver an 11.25 lb loverboy. To this day, I remember when they both fit in one hand. Occasionally, if needed, I will carry them both in one arm (usually because I'm trying to get them out of a room so another cat can eat!). But it's not nearly as easy as it was when they fit together in one hand! They still act just as crazy as they did before, but instead of being tiny tornadoes, they are huge tornadoes! Tornadoes that have learned how to climb, lol.

I honestly can't even imagine not having them here. They are so amazing; so different and yet, so alike at the same time. Oscar is the more outgoing one, and Oliver is the very shy one. Both so very, very loving. Oscar shows it a bit more often than Oliver, but when Oliver shows it, he really shows it.

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

LiL Bit has a strange habit of playing with hair. She will bite and pull my hair like its prey. I have often thought of buying her a wig so she can go crazy, because sometimes she can get really rough. 

peacefulchaos

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ENTRY. Good luck to everyone. I know my two will think it's Christmas in March. They love boxes.. and will especially love a box of toys.

I've been clicker training them because they're bored, but even after that they're still energetic. These two love to be trained, though.

luna tuna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

I have a class this semester that requires a lot of reading. Luna will be very content napping or playing with her toys- to the point of completely ignoring me- until I bring out a book. Then, she sits on it. Without fail, every time I try to read, I have a cat on my book.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY--

I don't know if this is all cats, or if it's just mine, but every purr sounds different. Rose has a very soft, ladylike purr. Asia's purr starts off soft and grows in volume until I wonder how the little kitty doesn't vibrate apart. Ra's purr sounds like a healthy truck engine, while Slipper sounds like one with a squeak. Spot has a soft, consistent purr, but that might be because he talks at the same time. Hard to say. Princess has a loud rumbling purr that comes and goes in waves, almost like a rotating engine of some kind. Like I said, they're all different. 
This is Rose, on AWM's freshly cleaned bedspread (the kitties like fresh sheets).

This is Asia in what I call her "Regal Pose".

This is Spot, demanding more wet food. (Well, he is a growing boy.)

This is Ra. I don't know why, but this is his favorite way to be held.

View media item 327133
From left to right: Asia, Spot, Ra, and Slipper staring out at their first snow.

Slipper claiming a leopard print CD case as a pillow. I don't argue. 

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY  Every morning Fluffy follows me downstairs talking all the way.  she and Eclipse eagerly watch me put food in dishes on the counter, follow me to where the food is put down.  Fluff will take one sniff and the go the the cat flap and wait for it to be unlocked and open.  She knows the flap doesn't open until after breakfast.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
ENTRY

Chula has a battery run toy that hangs on the doorknob.  When it's on, a string revolves around an axis and she loves to chase it.  She insists that it be running at all times, even when she's not playing with it.  She can be asleep in the next room and I'll tiptoe over to turn it off and oops!  There she is pawing at it and banging it against the closet door until I turn it back on again!  

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
ENTRY

About an hour ago, a friend brought me a cupcake (she didn't know I had an orphaned cake lurking in the kitchen).  I went to get it a minute ago, and there is a PAWPRINT on it.  Hmmmmmmmm...Hekitty sitting in front of the tv, washing said offending paw assiduously.