Give Me Your Opinion on This....

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I voted no because I don't think I would be able to cope with seeing them being cut! I a, not squeemish in the slightest, but am scared of needles, so don't even really like seeing them have boosters. I would be terrified of seeing something go wrong

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's no way I could watch. I would like to be close at hand, but watch the operation.........no way. WAY TO squemish!!!

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mferr84

so are you saying they make up these stories? i understand that they are still in school, but when they come to class and dont express any consideration for the animals that they are talking about, that worries me... i dont know what goes on, they may very well be elaborating on the stories, but just the things that they say makes me uncomfortable, and i would not voluntarily take any animal to the clinic they are working in(i think they work at different ones around town), that is the point i was getting at... the vet that i take my cat too, i trust them 110% i know that they are all business, but there are some vets out there that are not as good as the others and are not all business... i dont know, but anyone who laughs about giving a dog that just came out of surgery that was given too much medicine and was seizing... we're talking life and death, how could someone laugh at that...
Yes... there are some bad vets. Unfortunately, we found one the hard way, and it cost my puppy's life. But not all vets are bad or corrupt. There are some good ones out there, too. In fact, there are more good, than bad.

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The above "bad" vet I was talking about above... well, she brought us into the back room when we were their to pick up my puppy dog, and there was a dog all cut open, lying on the table. My mom was sick with a cold, and none of the techs, nor the vet wore masks, or surgical suits. She performed the operations o a countertop, the same place she cared for other animals not requiring surgery, even shots, and very very sick kittens or cats. NO SANITARY PRECAUTIONS AT ALL!!!! I used to volunteer at that vet, and I quit going there because of all the stuff that went on.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I voted no way. I have witnessed my vet perform surgeries at his office but always on other people's pets. It's fascinating but I don't think I would like to see my own under a knife. I'd probably cry as he started cutting them and then I would be in the way of the surgery.

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If most of you recall, I was hysterical about Conner's procedure,,and it was a simple one!! I cant decide if it would have made it better or worse for me to be there,,my guess is probably worse. Ive seen operations before and am not in the least bit squeemish or bothered by them, but I almost couldnt even give Conner to the vet tech, when I heard him crying for me, I almost ran back there, snatched him away, and took off running with him,hehehe. So no, I guess I would have just been way to shaken up to watch.