Ginny

eb24

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well congrats to both you and Ginny for a job well done! I admit I was nervous for her because she is so young but it sounds like she did beautifully. 

Enjoy that wine tonight Nanna because with six babies things are about to get cccccrrrraaaazzzzyyyyyyyy at your house! 

I can't wait to see pics (I have a soft spot for ginger babies) so post them as soon as you get a chance! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mamabirdy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Morning folks (5.25am) here in the UK,
Slept on sofa with Ginny and the babies just behind me in the bottom shelf of the bar. Well the births went very well, Ginny seemed to be a natural to the process of giving birth, can't believe how quickly everything happened.
Ginny had been really affectionate again during the day, following me everywhere. I had to go to the shops, so left her for an hour and three quarters, hubby and I got back and was sat drinking tea with Ginny sat on the floor between us, hubby gave her some treats and she munched them up, then appeared to drop her whole body to the floor. Hubby stroked her and said "I don't think it's gonna be long." ( gone very sleepy again and having trouble focussing on screen, will continue later).

mamabirdy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She then got up walked a few steps then crouched as if she was going to poo, but her whole rear end tensed up. Noted the time as 4.50pm. I gently picked her up and took her to the birthing box next to the shelf which had also been prepared. She was purring contentedly and wanting fuss. She kept getting up and down then at about 5.15 she lay down and the contractions were coming thick and fast and at 5.25 the first little ginger furball was born. It was amazing to watch. Ginny immediately started licking it all over and then chewed at the cord, as soon as it was severed the placenta came out, and she got rid of it.
Will post about the others shortly.

mamabirdy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ginny then contentedly lick the baby and at 5.40 started having another set of contractions and at 5.43 Gizmo was born. Gizmo is a predominantly black tortie with ginger eyebrows and white back feet. In fact when he had dryed out he reminded us of a gremlin, so that's how he got his name. Ginny cleaned him up and he started suckling.
Gizmo will be staying with us for a while as my youngest daughter is getting married in September and wants Gizmo.

Last edited: