Ginnie and pancreatitis - Follow up to earlier posts to this site - GOOD NEWS

Fourcats4me

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
All,

Ginnie was diagnosed with pancreatitis three weeks ago, and she continues to improve with the care of a DECENT vet and good home care. I posted my pancreatitis experience earlier here.

She is looking good, and her coat has in excellent condition (it is no longer gummy, and she is no longer shedding); she is eating again by herself, gaining weight, pushing the other cats around, scratching the furniture, walking all over the house, improved muscle tone, hogging the bed, etc. Three weeks ago, she was one sick kitty, but she is coming back.

She still suffers from minor dehydration and has visited the vet weekly for 100 ml subcutaneous fluids. Unfortunately, she will not allow me to give them to her. She weighed 10 pounds before her illness and went down to 8 pounds. She is back to 9.60 lbs. She still gets the Vitamin B 12 injection once a week and a Cerinia injection as needed. But she is returning and will have another vet f/u check in mid-August. I am so happy my baby feels better. It is just slow progress and scary to think how close I came to losing her due to some poor vet care. I learned that if your cat is sick, find a vet that will treat it, and don't let one just try and talk you out of the correct treatment for your cat.

Many thanks to all here for your help!

Quote Reply
Flag Edit

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the update! You can't ask for more! Good wishes on her vet f/u in mid-August! Keep us posted!
Ditto! :yeah:

Your update is music to my ears and proves that when it comes to our cat's health we know them best. Thank you for being determined to get an accurate diagnosis for Ginnie. 👍 I hope she continues to show improvement and feel well.