Ginger

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys, he truly was a special cat, and with fostering, a lot of them have come through here. Molly is a close second to Ginger, but I dont think I will find one as special as him again. He was a gorgeous cat, and at least he had a home for the end of his life, and I fulfilled my promise that I would be his last home.

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just found this thread. My sincerest condolences on the loss of your precious Ginger. I have a very soft spot for orange cats and I can't believe how much he looks like my Oliver! Even down to the smudge on his face! He didn't have as much white on the hind legs as Ginger, but who cares? The face is what counts. I lost Oliver very suddenly and it was very hard on me as I had never had to put a cat down before. His ashes are with me now. I also had Oliver for 4 years just like you, but it affected me more than I thought it would. He was 7 when he trotted over the bridge. My other cat, Whisky, didn't really mourn for him, but I know he misses him. A funny thing happened that made me realize that Whisky told me he knew Oliver was gone. I was sitting at the computer looking at pics of Oliver when I came to a certain one, Whisky started looking at it all weird and then he did the most precious thing! He took 2 steps toward the monitor, put his paw on it and looked at me and meowed. I broke down in tears and told him that Oliver is gone and is happy now.

I've had Whisky since he was 1 1/2 years old. He is now 14 1/2 years old. Over the past few years, I've been mentally preparing for his death. I know it isn't going to be easy on me, but if I don't prepare myself, I'll have a breakdown. It's still going to hard.

Know that Ginger thinks well of you...

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, they do look similar. Ginger had very similar markings to the childhood cat i had, which is why I think I was so drawn to him. I am sorry you lost Oliver so young and so suddenly. I know that Ginger wouldn't want me to be sad, I gave him a home for the end of his life, and he still got the freedom he wanted, he was a very happy cat.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it is nearly the end of a full year without you, and it has been a very hard year, especially with losing Pebbles, Granddad and Tiger - hope you have found Granddad and Snowy, and ignored Tig, Pebbles and Tiger. I had a bad day on Christmas Eve, yet another Christmas without you, and the first one without Granddad and Tiger, and then felt guilty cos you are in my thoughts more than the others, but I had no time to prepare for you losing me, you went like you did in life, quiet, unassuming and without bothering anyone. IT is quite ironic that in taking you in, I wanted you to have a loving home for the end of your life, and not go on the street, and you still did, although the big difference was it was your choice, you could have stayed with Uncy Harold, or you could have asked to come home, but you chose your spot in the fresh air - your years in a home never quite stopped your free roaming spirit, did they? You were lucky to be able to have the kind of life you need, you were the only cat I could ever leave out while I Went to work. I wondered if your loss had made me too weak to continue helping oldies, but I think I would be dishonouring your memories if I did that, sadly there are too many oldies who end up needing a home through no fault of their own, just like you did, and I know none of you would want me to stop helping them, you would all be proud that another oldie would get the love and care you did. RIP little one.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is Ginger's second anniversary today, I can't believe how quick the time has gone. I am lucky that Molly is nearly as special as Ginger was, she has been a big help in dealing with his loss.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry. Please know our hearts are with you and Ginger. May she rest in piece.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks - Ginger was actually a boy, but everyone got mixed up with him and called him a girl - the female I had at the same time had a similar issue, she was forever called a boy!!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by booktigger

It is Ginger's second anniversary today, I can't believe how quick the time has gone. I am lucky that Molly is nearly as special as Ginger was, she has been a big help in dealing with his loss.
Wow - I was amazed that you got a rainbow from Ginger when you asked for a sign that he was okay (I was re-reading this thread and noticed your '07 anniversary post) because when I asked that same thing about my nephew, and then a year later, about my brother, I got rainbows, too
I have mentioned that to other people and they have had the same thing - either an actual rainbow or else a "sundog" (the rainbow effect in the ice crystals in clouds). It is so comforting to know that we can look forward to being together with them again someday, in our forever Home.
How wonderful that you have Molly! I understand how it is for you - my little Joey was my big comfort after losing my Miss Tobie. He considers himself my guardian cat and I treasure him greatly

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, it was nice to see. I am glad I have Molly, although she has had a bit of a bad week with her arthritis, and it kind of hit home that she is 16 in December, so getting on a bit now, I dread to think what I will do when she goes.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry for your lost loved one he favored my sweet Tavia who passed away in Febuary.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i just wanted to pay my respects to ginger. i wasn't here when you lost your beautiful boy, but i have read through his thread with tears in my eyes.

he was a truly gorgeous soul who obviously touched your life in so many ways.

it is fast approaching my precious boy's first anniversary which i am dreading. we only had 5 short years together, i so wish it had been longer.

for you and your sweet

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, he certainly was a special cat. I can imagine how much you are dreading your little boy's first anniversary, the first one is always the hardest, I have a first anniversary in Nov.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you. i'm sorry that you are having that horrible 'playback' time too.

it will be a year on monday and i think i will write a tribute to him over the weekend and post it here. i found this site because of looking for answers after he had gone and i am so glad i did.