Ginger needs to stay at the hospital

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Still thinking happy positive thoughts in my corner of the world. Let us know when you can?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got off the phone with Dr. Heather .

I made the decition to get one of her noides removed . So I bring Ginger in on Thursday and on Friday they will do the surcery early morning .The vet also said she is positive about Ginger having canser , since all her noids are swollen . I guess Ginger is starting to get more hungry and so trying to eat the litter , thats what the vet said due to the meds she is taking . I just wish she would eat more catfood . When I see her now going to the litter I grab her and give her can food to eat , it looks like it helps . I will proberly go ahead and get her in the bedroom where I will do the catlitter box with paper for her , so she wont eat the litter any more .The vet also told me that the treatment wont be to expensive if she would have canser . Well & 300 - $ 500 dollars all together
. I would be able to make payments , like I do now . I will go and do the treatments if there is a change for her to live . I would not be able to watch her die like that . I may will have a little trouble with my hubby and may will hear that the rest of my life from him . But thats ok . I love her to much and I think I could not live with myself not trying at least to save her life

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hedi, that is good news - as well as can be expected under the circumstances. It is such a hard situation to go through, and every kitty is different. Your vet sounds very good, as with us, Freddie's initial teatment for the leukemia totalled $631. We are starting the last round of antibiotics today. This lady from Canada sent me the name of something that worked well for her up there in Canada, and assuming we have access to it here in the U.S. (I do not have much faith in our FDA), we can start it today, as one last ditch effort for Freddie. Our vet, who by the stroke of luck is also Canadian, is researching it to make sure it is compatible with Freddie before she locates the medicine and gives it to us. So I am praying it is compatible and we have it here in the U.S. SHe seemed to think it was very easy to get, I just had not heard the name before myself. We are at that point where we have a fine line between Freddie fighting and Freddie suffering, so I understand when you say you can't bear to see Ginger feel this way. I want everything to be the BEST possible outcome for you! I think you are extraordinary to have so many kitties and must be a very, very special person.

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AAAWWWW Sashacat you are so nice , thank you . But I have to give the compliment to you too . You are a very special and caring person to do so much with your Freddie ((((HUGS)))).

I will keep Freddie also in my prayers that some kind of medication will work for him

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hedi did your vet check the fluid from the swollen nodes to confirm its cancer? I'm sure she did but just wanted to ask.

I will be sending more prayers and thoughts for you and Ginger.

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sicy , the vet told me they have to remove one nodes to send it to the lap in order to find out if Ginger got canser . I guess the fluid wont do
, to bad it would be much cheaper and easy to do .

Thanks for the prayers and thoughts .

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hedi,

You do what you can for her. Try giving her some shredded chicken in broth to eat, or chicken or turkey baby food. Shredded cheese will work to perk up an appetite, so will catnip. Putting the food in the microwave for a short time 3-6 seconds just to warm it will also help.

Shred your newspaper before you put it in the litterbox, and just love this little girl. Before she goes in for surgery get a shirt all sweaty with your scent and stick it in a plastic bag, take it with you to the vet and ask them to put it in her cage for you.It will help to calm her down.

My heart goes out to both of you during this troubling time. I hope it is not cancer.

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AAAWWWW you are all so sweet to me . Thank you guys , you all have touched me

I will do the t-shirt thing , I will give her the t-shirt I wear from the night befor I will sleep in . Oh I love her to peaces and she already knows that and purring up a little storm what make my heart meld . I will be going in the store in a little bit and get some baby food with out onion and garlic for her . She is eating by the way , but not much at all only teespoon wise . But at least she is eating and I am happy for that . And she is having a will to live , I can see it in her eyes . I know I am doing the right thing for her and I also have hope that it is treatable what ever she has .

Thank you all again for all your prayers and thoughts for both of us , that give me strengh .

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hedi, best wishes with her upcoming procedure, glad to also read she's eating a bit today and showing you what she wants

superkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hoping for the best for the procedure. *MANY good vibes and healing thoughts* headed her way. *Hug*.

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went and got her some baby food and guess what
, she almost ate the hole glas of chicken food .I was spoon feeding her
and she seem to like that
I am so happy for that . Ginger is also now in the bedroom where I will keep her till Thursday when I have to bring her to the vet .

Thank you all for your good wishes .

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ginger is doing really good today .She was eating almost a half of a can food from frisky . At this time I am willing to feed her anything . No fever and very alert . Almost like her old self

malynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad she is feeling better today!
I sure hope things turn out to be ok for her.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by PurrfectCatlove
Ginger is doing really good today .She was eating almost a half of a can food from frisky . At this time I am willing to feed her anything . No fever and very alert . Almost like her old self
Ah....great to read this! Tell Miss Ginger we are all rooting for her to get back to being full of "tortitude"