Ginger got her belly shaved...

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...this morning, and she was so good about it! The groomer holding her said she was completely relaxed, and she was just looking around the room, letting them shave her.

I was at another grooming table, keeping a "goggie" company as they slipped Ginger in.

She recently developed a couple of small mats between her back legs, and I was unable to keep her still enough to do anything about them.

I found this place by accident, and the woman owner, Emily, said that she'd do it for free, but I could make a donation if I wanted to. So I gave her a $10 bill...that's what I paid for a belly shave the last time Ginger got this way, a few years ago when I was still in MA.

Emily said she was just glad that I was bringing her in early instead of waiting for them to get worse - she said that's what most people do. I told her I would never let that happen - mats pinch and hurt!!

Poor Ginger cussed at me all the way there and back, but I KNOW she's feeling relieved now that those little mats are gone.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad Ginger is feeling better now. Lucky girl to have a mama who pays close attention to things like painful mats.

How on earth does that groomer stay in business, giving her services for free?
I would have given the "donation" too.

Ginger will need a warm place to sleep for a few days!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by otto

How on earth does that groomer stay in business, giving her services for free?
I would have given the "donation" too
Word of mouth advertising and positive reviews go a long way. Sometimes you just have to do those little extras and favors, plus a belly shave on a cat doesn't take much time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Word of mouth advertising and positive reviews go a long way. Sometimes you just have to do those little extras and favors, plus a belly shave on a cat doesn't take much time.

I took a handful of business cards with me, and will look for her on Facebook, too.
She does mostly dogs, and the belly shave was less than 5 minutes. I'll be telling folks about her for sure, LOTS of dog owners around where I live!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh..I see what you guys are saying. Yes, a good will gesture like that can go a ways toward garnering new clients. Thanks for the clarity.

catbehaviors

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure that Ginger is very glad that those pesky mats are gone!

The lady who gave her the shave definitely knows how to get a good relationship with clients. I'm sure that you'll be visiting her shop every time there are any more mats!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just came up on Ginger and Maxwell hanging out on the guestroom bed together. They both were looking quite contented!

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully you took pictures, so you can black mail her later