Gimme the dirt on your vacuum

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Our bagless sucks, & not in a good way. It throws kitty litter, never picks it up. The style is awful. I use our shop vac for everything. Sprinkle pet hair release powder down first, then viola. I'm done fast.
We're on our third shop vac in 25 years. That's in addition to a canister vac for each floor. They pick up well, but are very clumsy, and don't have a long service life. I've also found that the filters often aren't available after about five years.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to have a Dyson and I ruined it with the Arm and Hammer carpet freshner powder. I didn't really have the money for another Dyson so I got a Panasonic for $200.00. I think it works as well as the Dyson. It does have bags but it doesn't loose suction until the bag is completely full. I usually go ahead and change it when the indicator says to and it still is working as well as when I put in the new bag. I only have an 800 square foot apartment so I probably only have about 650 square feet of carpet so a bag last a long time. I think the vacumns and bags are only sold at speciality shops for vacumns and janitorial supplies though. Luckly I live close to a store that sells them.