Gift Ideas PLEASE: Help

roxy_loves_cj

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Doc-n-SamsMom

Make a donation in her name to her favorite charity. This is something she problably always put off herself, and this way, she's happy and you've both helped someone. Or you could go with old faithful and get her Jello.
mmmm What one could do with $400 dollars worth of jello........

Does she have any one that she loved dearly that might be passed on, like a pet or a mother or grandparent, someone she really looked up to? Or maybe she has a cat or another pet that she is fond of, or a place she loves and contract an artist to paint it, do it in pastels, or maybe a charcoal. It will be a memory for her and really the possibilities are endless, you could even do one that is current, and just carry around a throw away camera and say you are trying to use it up (a small white lie isnt always bad) so you can get it developed. When the pics come back if there is one you really like you could use that as well. Use the rest in a small photo album of you and her together.

Do any of those help?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bumpy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the ideas, still am decided but notwithstanding that, thanks!

It is a "thank you for being my friend" gift, haha. Actually, it is gift to her for doing me a favor by attending a particularly dreary function with me. As for the more expensive gucci handbag, she did not know the price when she remarked on it since it had no price tags and I had to go back to the shop to check it out. I guess it may be an ok gift for her birthday but I do not think it is too appropriate for a thank you gift.

Purity, I got her a watch something back and as for the naming of the star, well it is an interesting idea, I do have a star named after me somewhere out there, but it was interesting for a few minutes. If I could get the Sun or our Moon renamed, then that would be spectacular.
One question, is it ok to get things for another person's house since the design of one's home is a personal thing and the last thing you want to get, is a painting or tapestry which the person may not think would fit into the general design of the house. Is this just me? How do you people feel when you get home furnishings and decorations, especially if you do not like it. Do you feel obliged to put it up?

As for the donation to charity, I don't know. I mean how do you people, truthfully, feel about getting such a present? I do know of some people who would be very thrilled especially if it is their pet project. As for a Bumpy Spree, hmm I have to check with my cat whether is she ok with the Spree. And although I am not too sure, I would hazard a guess that most shops would not accept payment from a cat.

As for what she likes to do (travelling, clubbing, playing golf) I cannot think of anything to get that reflects those interest that are within the budget.

ginger's mum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OMG $200 > $400

Can you be my friend???

Seriously, what about a voucher for a health spa , you know, massage, scrub, manicure, facial kind of course.