Giardia?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nullentropy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Honestly, it could be. It could be an intolerance to the grain-free.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My guy gets 98% grain free and 2% grained stuff.  We feed him Innova EVO wet, and a combination of Taste of the Wild, Blue Buffalo, and the rx food Royal Canin Gastrointestinal HE.  Over the 2.5 years since we discovered his intolerance, we've tweaked his dry food to mostly grain-free with a bit of the rx food thrown in.  He only gets approx 1/4 C of dry food throughout the day, so his main nutrition is grain-free.  If I were you, I'd work on getting the vomiting and diarrhea stopped first.  Try to see if they'll eat the i/d or ask your vet about the Royal Canin.  Get their systems to calm down for a month - six weeks, then work on the diet.

nullentropy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
the vomiting has stopped, and they havent had any diarrhea. i'm picking up 4 more cans of the I/D today (they love it). If need be, I'll keep them on it. The ingredients aren't TOO abyssmal.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great!!  Glad they've taken to the i/D and glad they're doing better.  Hope they continue to improve.

Last edited:

nullentropy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Finally saw them both poop today, and it was nice and solid!! This is excellent news. Going to try and talk to the vet Saturday about keeping them on the I/D or switching to something of similar ingredients.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's great!!  I know how relieved you are about that.  (Been there, done the poop patrol!)  I would leave them on this for a couple of weeks to let their systems recover and settle down.  You might ask for a probiotic, something other than FortiFlora, to help replenish the good flora in their gut.  That might help as well.