Ghyslaine

jenng

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow... I hope your uncle reconsiders and shows up to see your Grandpa and Grandma. It sounds as if your Grandpa is counting on seeing him. I'm so sorry your Grandma isn't doing well now either... the stress of having your Grandpa so sick must be taking its toll on her.
I'm still keeping them in my thoughts. *hugs*

sammie5

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, Ghys, its too bad that you have family problems (an insensitive uncle) to deal with as well as the worry about your grandparents. Just realize that he is acting exactly the same way as lots of people who are in denial.

As far as I know, angina is very serious, but the difference between angina, which is a pain caused by lack of blood to the heart, and a heart attack, is that angina does not cause permanent damage. So that's good. And that's a pretty good place to be if you are having heart problems!

Be strong for your family, you are in my prayers, and lots of other people here as well.

whisker's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone!

Grandma seems to be much better. As of yesterday, they removed the monitor and moved her into a different room. Bummer is that she is now on the sixth floor instead of the same floor as grandpa. Hopefully she will continue to do well.

Grandpa is about the same. It's getting harder now because he does not want to be alone for any time what-so-ever. He wants one of us there by his side (myself, my sister and my uncle). We just are not enough.

I have to go to work today and try to figure something out. My uncle(the one that has been there since the beginning)arrived last night around 10:30pm to do the night shift so I could come home to sleep. He will have to stay there all day until someone gets there.I'm afraid he will probably collapse soon as will the rest of us. I'll go on my lunch hour and then probably back right after work.

Guess we will work something out but when you are a small family, there are very few solutions. If he slept the whole night and was ok with being alone at night, it would solve alot but he is adament that someone be by his side at all times. He is afraid, which is understandable.

Thanks again for all your well wishes.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Ghys, your poor Grandpa! Times like these are so hard on the whole family to begin with. I wonder why they can't put your grandma and grandpa in a room together? It would solve so many problems!!!!!

whisker's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Laurie, believe me....we tried to get them into the same room.

At first, it was impossible because of the monitor she was wearing. The signal would not transmit to the Cardiac Unit.

Now...they say they can't because he is in the Terminal Phase ward and it is different from the hospital side. Don't really understand that....

I think once she gets released from the hospital it will be easier on everyone.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ghys, in the nursing home I work at, they have occasionally played religious tape recordings to help comfort a resident who is in their last days...also sometimes a staff person will read aloud from the bible to the person.

If your grandpa is a religious person, maybe something similiar will help to calm and comfort him.

cassandra_starr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ghys, I'm praying for you and family. Things like this are never easy. (((Ghys))). It is very thoughtful and considering of you to stay so strong for both of your grandparents during this time.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ghys! I just read this! I am so sorry everything is so rough right now. I hope your grandmother gets stronger everyday. I will keep your family in my prayers. I wish I were closer so that I could help in some way!

whisker's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone!

Grandma was released yesterday and then re-admitted today. *sheesh* You know..I did question when they said she could go home. She can't even walk on her own and her mind seems to be elsewhere.

They are now considering "maybe" putting them in the same room.

Keeping my fingers crossed. It would be the best thing for all of us.

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ghys, sorry to hear about your uncle and grandma. I hope they put your grandma and grandpa in the same room. It would obviously be a comfort to both of them. Still keeping you and your family in my thoughts.