ghosts in my new apt

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
It's a nasty situation, for sure. My rule of thumb with ferals is, if you can't neuter them, don't feed them. I know it sounds cruel, and very very difficult to maintain, but feeding without neutering, IMO, is actually worse in the long run. I can't offer much more than a sympathy hug at this point, in that respect, as I have all the love in the world for people with a big heart like yours who reach out and feed feral cats and kittens, but honestly, you should consider stopping the feeding, as you will be creating more of a problem for them and eventually for yourself. It's a tough decision - I do know. I can barely bring myself to type that kind of advice to you

Maybe you could just at least try and phone those OK rescue groups? I realize you're no longer in Norman (let me know what you want your location changed to - and I'll do that for you - just drop me a PM), and also realize that OK isn't very small (I'm not an American, so American geography is not my strongpoint!), but all the same, might be worth a phone call, just in case they can get to your place and arrange a TNR operation? Nothing to lose but a phone call.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

courtney_ou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i havent seen the mama or her 5 babies since memorial day weekend. that saturday nite, i heard a cat yowl outside my window and when i looked outside i saw one of my maintenance guy (whos also my neighbor) with a rake walking by my window muttering something. it was about 11pm and that was the last day i saw the kitties, unfortunately. i dont want to think about what he might have done to them but it haunts me. i told yall my neighbors were freaks.

as for the cute little marble tabby - ive found it a home; it's just a matter of catching it. its a little tease LOL it will sit on my porch or run right up to us (the person who wants it.) it will even flop for belly rubs but we cant pick it up. ive grabbed and shes grabbed it but its a tease! it wants to be held so bad but its just a little leery. it wont take much to make it a lap kitty. its living under my apt so at least i know its safe (for now). i figure it'll be about a week before she can take it home.