Ghost needs your good vibes

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ghost is a handsome black cat that came to us on Saturday with his friend Rainbow. Ghost is extreemly thin. When he was surrendered the director asked his owner about his poor condition. She stated that she had taken him to the humane society and he got a URI there so she took him back to care for him. She was surrendering both because the cat she had would not accept the two of them. Well I'm not sure how sick Ghost was or how much he was eating, but because of how thin & dehydrated he was yesterday I decided to make him eat (no fun, but I knew I wouldn't sleep if I didn't know he had food in his stomache when I left). I'm really worried about him and worried he may already have something wrong with him. Please everyone this very sweet guy needs some board magic to help him get healthy again.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am sending bushels of healing vibes to sweet Ghost.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much everyone, he just breaks my heart. I cried all the way home yesterday. He's only 5 years old & is as think as my Smokey was about 6 months before she passed away. It's strange, but there is just something about him that calls to me (no I can't take him home). He's just one of the one's that I instantly bonded to. These are the things that rip my heart out. It's not that I think he was neglected, I just think he was sick & the previous owner was never made aware of how to care for him. It always takes cats a while to adjust to life at the shelter, but in his case he can't afford not to eat. I just home when he calms down he starts to eat. I'll update everyone when I hear something, but I won't see him again until Thursday.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ghost will be in my prayers as long as they are needed.

I'll be watching for your updates.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I saw Ghost again last night. He looks a little more alert than he did on Sunday, and for the first time since he came to us last Saturday he ate on his own yesterday. So that's very promising. Just keep up the good vibes I think he starting his way back to health.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Vibes, healing thoughts and love coming your way sweet Ghost.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't wanted to post because every time I think of him I get sad. We noticed this weekend that Ghost seems to have something more going on than just weight loss due to URI. Now that he's adjusted to being with us we noticed just how weak he is, and that he has a strange head bob going on. It's almost like he has some sort of nerological problem. We are going to do our best to get him to a vet this week (it's not always easy since we've only got 1 vet that will work with a non-profit volunteer, donations only shelter). I dread to think of what may be going on and what may happen. Please keep up the good vibes as we have no idea what is wrong.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh how sad...

Sweet Ghost is in my prayers.