Getting very worried about my Cat.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. You did all you could, and you had no warning that things would turn out so tragically. I'm sure she felt your love, and although her life was short, it was widened with the love you had for her.

Don't let this discourage you, or keep you from owning another cat. As much as you loved her, there is another one that needs your love. I know; I volunteer at a shelter, and every day we see wonderful cats brought in who are puzzled by their sudden imprisonment away from the people they loved, often by the people they thought loved them.

I hope you'll visit our "Crossing the Bridge" section of the forum, and possibly

The Rainbow Bridge

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. You did all you could, and you had no warning that things would turn out so tragically. I'm sure she felt your love, and although her life was short, it was widened with the love you had for her.

Don't let this discourage you, or keep you from owning another cat. As much as you loved her, there is another one that needs your love. I know; I volunteer at a shelter, and every day we see wonderful cats brought in who are puzzled by their sudden imprisonment away from the people they loved, often by the people they thought loved them.

I hope you'll visit our "Crossing the Bridge" section of the forum, and possibly

The Rainbow Bridge
sending
& for you & your family... & a
for your sweet girl, who KNEW that you loved her & did your very best for her, always. please post a tribute for her in the "Crossing the Bridge" section when you're ready - we all know how you're feeling right now...
oh, here's another link that i found comforting during times of loss: Choices

maxcat08

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is so sad...I'm so sad....it is an awful turn of events and you did everything right. I'm so very sorry for your loss....it must be painful....and I know in time you will find it in your loving heart to take in another sweet kitty and love it too. to you and your family and to Sybil too.

charcoal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SJChaput

As it turns out she had a very serious heart condition that we didn't know about.

The anesthetic used during her spay aggravated it and sent her into heart failure.

We did everything we could to try and get her out of heart failure but she didn't respond to any medication.

This morning she passed away when her heart suddenly stopped beating, one hour before we were scheduled to put her to sleep.

We are having her cremated and we will keep her with us always.

I bought this cat for my wife to make her happy, I had no idea the love I would have for Sybil. It hurts so much, she was my first cat and the first animal I have ever loved.

And I always will.

I will miss her so much.

The vets say that even if we had brought her in right after her spay there was nothing that could have been done, her heart condition was so severe.

She was only 9 months old.
I am so sorry for your loss!