Getting to know each other

Status
Not open for further replies.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A: I was born a Libra. (though I don't hold much stock in it...lol)

Q: Who is your best friend (human) and tell us a little about him/her

tigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A. Well, my best friend is my husband!!
We both have the same things in common (tv shows, music, etc). We have been married since Sept. '97 He pretty much listens to how I feel and what I want.

Q. What is your favorite movie and why?

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Tigger! You are so lucky to have a man like that!!!!!
That actually listens to you and wants what you want!!!

A: My favorite movie is City of Angels with Nicholas Cage & Meg Ryan....because it is so romantic!!!!!

Q: What is the one moment (if any) that changed your life???

tiggeytoes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can`t say that there was any ONE moment that changed my life. Life is full of twists and turns that alter our journey. One of many would be the day that Rusty came into my life. Up to that point I didn`t like cats very much. But Rusty was a stray who had been born in my basement. I felt sorry for him and decided to give him a home. Well, he just walked right in,wrapped his claws around my heart and changed my way of looking at cats forever.

what is your favorite way of spending your vacation?

threeleggedkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You must remember that it is only 8:45 in Mo. I have been up since about 6:00 my time. I had to get my corned beef and cabbage started for St. Pat's Day. My Irish born buddy, Bernie, says I must be Irish because he likes my corned beef better than his mother's. Maybe I'm a Leprechaun (with a glandular condition!). Anyhow, thought I'd cuise on over to the site and see who was awake and lo and behold you are online. By the way, I love your favorite saying and must agree with you. I have to go now, but will be back later today, I hope; if this blessed joint pain doesn't get the best of me. Oh, yes, my favorite place to spend vacation is by the ocean. The best vacation I ever had by the ocean was in 1973 when I went to Portugal. If I could I would live there forever; it is so-o-o-o beautiful and wonderful weather all year round and the people are so gentle and accepting. My follow-up question: What is the best thing you cook? (guess my mind is in the kitchen today) I leave you with this Irish blessing. "My yee be in heaven 72hrs. before the Devil hears you died. . . ." ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Threeleggedkat

tiggeytoes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hmmmmmmm what is the best thing I cook? I took a vote and it was a toss up between pot roast, lemon mirangue pie, and cheesy scrambled eggs. I am really not much of a cook, but that is what my room mate likes best of what I do cook. She, like you,three-legged, is not Irish, but cooks the GREATEST corned beef ever. I call it her French corned beef. But she is taking the day off this year, and we are taking my 92 year old mom out for corned beef at the church...complete with irish dancing and all.

My question....what is the funniest joke you ever heard?

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A. My life, because it keeps me laughing, and because I can't remember jokes to relate to a person 5 minutes later.

Q. What is your favorite city?

kaaren sander

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My favorite city is Asheville, NC. We have such a diversity of people here, from old "hippies" , to "new agers" and he contrast to the "Bible Belt" people who also live here is amazing. There are wonderful resturants, great art museums and the downtown area is very much alive and well. On one corner you can hear a street preacher and down the street kids with pink and green hair are walking their dogs and speaking in a language foreign to me. It is wonderful!
We have beautiful fall, spring and summer and our winters are mild enough to not be miserable. And no, I don't work for the chamber of commerce.

What's your favorite spring flower? Mine is any one that is blooming

tiggeytoes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I AM WITH YOU, KAREN, ANY FLOWER THAT IS BLOOMING TO USHER IN SPRING IS MY FAVORITE FLOWER! I JUST SAW MY FIRST ROBIN, TODAY....A SURE SIGN THAT SPRING IS REALLY COMING! mY FAVORITE FLOWER IS NOT A SPRING FLOWER, BUT A SUMMER FLOWER AND THAT WOULD BE THE DAISY. TO ME IT IS A PURE AND SIMPLE FLOWER.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TV SERIES?....MINE IS "JUDGING AMY"

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First I have to say that I love your quote about the cat hairs. I even found one on the outside of my car the other day; orange just like my cats', and they don't even go outside!

A: Hmmm, I like all of the Star Trek series, but also 3rd Watch and ER.

Q: What is the funniest movie you have ever seen, one that you could watch over and over, and it still makes you laugh?

I personally couldn't name just one; some top choices would be Arthur, Analyze This, My Cousin Vinny, and Blazing Saddles.

tiggeytoes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ONE OF MY FAVORITE COMEDIES IS THE MOVIE "BIG" WITH TOM HANKS. I LIKE ANY MOVIE COMEDY OR SERIOUS WITH TOM HANKS. HE IS SUCH A VERSITILE ACTOR.

WHAT TYPE OF MUSIC DO YOU ENJOY?

frogsy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I like pretty much everything except rap, R&B, and most country.

I mostly listen to rock, classic rock, and new age.

Q: How did you get your cat's name?

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A: Squirt went through many potential names before one stuck. At first he was Digger because the first night at home, he spent the whole night digging in the litter box. Finally he became Squirt, because he was such a cute little "squirt". (Note: now big, fat, and lazy). Joey was easy, because his back legs looked like a kangaroo's, and a baby kangaroo is called a "joey".

Q: What is the best meal you've ever eaten at a restaurant (and what restaurant)? (Must be time for lunch here).

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A: consistantly the best food i've ever had is at a place called Copelands. everything is exceptional. the desserts are out of this world. they are a new orleans style place.

Q: what's your most prized possesion?

threeleggedkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A: My most prized possession(s) both came from my Mom and that's what makes them special. One is a first edition Betty Crocker Family Cookbook with my Mom's handwritten notes in all the margins and a few of her own favorite concoctions written on the spare 3or4 blank pages in the back. It has been used so many times it is falling apart. . . . . Everything I know about cooking she taught me. The other thing I have that was hers is a set of artists brushes(some she hand tied herself) she was a self-taught, very versatile artist and I was never able to learn enough from her, but I sure tried. One of my favorite memories is when I was not more than 5or6 I was in the kitchen as Mom was cooking supper and I asked her how come she was such a good cook and she said that everytime she prepared anything she always said the same prayer over it. I asked what that was and she repeated "Dear Lord; You know that Wallace(my Daddy) works awfully hard to provide these groceries for this big family; please don't let me mess up. Amen" And that is the same prayer I have adapted (somewhat) and use to this day everytime I cook. (Sorry to go on, I promised my niece that I would stop embarassing myself by wasting time with stories on the net, but I can't help it. . . . . New guestion: If you have gone, or go to live concerts, who was your favorite? Mine would be MEATLOAF the first time I ever heard the Bat Out of Hell tour. Threeleggedkat just keeps on rocking. . . . .

tigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A. Well, I've been to 4 concerts. The best I have seen would probably be The Smashing Pumpkins (or used to be!)! Garbage was the opening group for them at the time.

Q. What is your dream vacation?

tiggeytoes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My dream vacation would be a cross country trip for the entire summer in an RV, with an occasional night under the starry sky in a tent. We would be able to do all the things we wanted to do...see all the sights and take our time.

question: what would be the first thing you would do if you won the lottery?

threeleggedkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I am still online. The first thing I would do if I won the lottery would be to establish a fund for cat vet care for all rescue and no kill shelters. The second thing I would do is move to the beach in Portugal, but I would have to be able to take my feline kids wth me and so I would probably have to settle for a place on the beach in FL. I have been to Clearwater several times and it is really pretty. My twins would think they had gone to kitty heaven because they could throw sand up in the air all the day long and dig and dig and dig. . . . . New question: What is your favorite (of all time) one song? I love all Christmas music, but my favorite one song is: "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad" (if you know the song then you'll know why I say it is more than somewhat autobioraphal. Threeleggedkat

tiggeytoes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My favorite song is "Keeper of the Stars,"by Tracey Byrd, although I also love Christmas music ...it brings back such happy memories.

what was one of your most embarrassing moments?

threeleggedkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tiggley; You were up late last nite, and I had already gone to bed, but here is an answer to your question. My most embarassing moment happened when I had to go pee (really badly) and I was on a road trip with whoever the current boyfriend was at the time. I had put it off for hours but we were on a country road in the middle of GA. in the dead of an Aug. afternoon and no gas stations or anything or one around. Finally I made him stop as I saw a clump of bushes off to the left a small ways into an open, mowed field. I literally ran to the privacy (I thought) of the stand of bushes, pushed into them and dropped my panties and began peeing full force, none too soon (the bladder was on overload and welcoming the relief) when I looked up to realize that the stand of bushes I had parted was serving as a backstop for a make-shift little league practice and I was litterally soaking the crouching catcher. Not to mention the sight I was affording spectators and parents, etc. ! ! !. I wish I could say that was the last time I ever had to answer natures' call in the wild; but, that, as I am prone to say, is another story. New question: As a child (or now) did you have a favorite toy? Mine was a 32 jointed doll that was about 20ins. tall and I could pose her in all positions so I could practice drawing and also make clothes for her. This was in the late 50's and posable dolls were very rare. My Daddy found her in an artists accesssorie shop in French Canada and paid way too much for her because we were a poor to modest large family. I still have this doll and hesitate to pass her on to my nieces because kids today don't appreciate the sacrifices our parents made to give us a few nice things like this. Threeleggedkat

Status
Not open for further replies.