Getting stains out of carpet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

My stain book says:
for carpeting......Blot do not rub up all the liquid. Mix up 1 T laundry detergent to 1 cup water. Dampen sponge with this solution and blot stain. The dye in Kool-aid is causing the stain. If still fresh you could neutralize with 1 T ammonia in 1 cup water. Then rub table salt into the stain and let it sit. remove salt and repeat if necessary then rinse (by blotting with just water).
One product I found effective is called TECH. Its made in WI and I have bought it at (Mills) Fleet Farm-it can be found at hardware stores and I haven't checked grocery stores. www.techstainremover.com. When I 1st bought it several yrs ago one person told me it got red fingernail polish off of carpeting.
Hope this info helps.
Well, the Laundry Detergent thing didnt work

Since its dry, will that TECH stuff work?

hilda>^..^<

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know about the TECH stuff Kenz but the Folex will work on wet or dry.

Hey, I just remembered something interesting that might prove helpful: A few weeks ago, Alex Jr had a terrible cold...coughing 'n such. He got a bottle of RED cough syrup and shook it up (I guess just to make sure it was All Shook Up I guess)...anyway, the lid wasn't on tightly and OMGoodness!!! RED all over the place in my bedroom...walls & carpetting! The hubby called me and I walked in there and I saw Alex Jr standing there stunned and the hubby laying in the bed shocked...and RED on walls and floor! I panicked because it looked like something else...(like something out of a horror movie reeeeally)! Anyway, I'm happy to say that the FOLEX was able to remove everything off the carpets!

Hilda >^..^<

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hilda>^..^<

I don't know about the TECH stuff Kenz but the Folex will work on wet or dry.

Hey, I just remembered something interesting that might prove helpful: A few weeks ago, Alex Jr had a terrible cold...coughing 'n such. He got a bottle of RED cough syrup and shook it up (I guess just to make sure it was All Shook Up I guess)...anyway, the lid wasn't on tightly and OMGoodness!!! RED all over the place in my bedroom...walls & carpetting! The hubby called me and I walked in there and I saw Alex Jr standing there stunned and the hubby laying in the bed shocked...and RED on walls and floor! I panicked because it looked like something else...(like something out of a horror movie reeeeally)! Anyway, I'm happy to say that the FOLEX was able to remove everything off the carpets!

Hilda >^..^<
Wow! I'll definately have to try it, I really hope it works!!

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm an astmatic and highly allergic to chemicals. I use TKO orange concentrate for everything. Check out the link. For carpet, I start with a very wet cloth (water only) wiping up as much as I can. Then I spray the TKO. You'll read somewhere in there that there may sometimes appear to be a haze after it dries. If so, that's all it is and gentle wet wiping will take it away. This stuff is great, non-toxic and smells wonderful.

You mix different strength for different needs, good for everything. For normal household cleaning, one capful for a 25oz bottle. An 8oz bottle of concentrate costs about $15 and one bottle lasts me several months. That's a huge savings. I'm not sure if supermarkets carry it. I get it a a health food store or a farm/feed store.

http://www.tkoorange.com/