Getting Scratched

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by urbantigers

I'm always covered in scratches - it comes with the territory as far as I'm concerned. Most of them I get during play when I don't get my hand out of the way in time
but I also have lots on my legs as Jaffa digs his back claws in when he jumps off my knee.
OUCH!
I try to use a stuffed animal instead of my hand to play, but .....

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GloriaJH

Hey, you're tougher than me -- I couldn't agree to THAT kind of a deal
, how did they get you to sign that agreement?

Gloria
He made me sign the first day he came home ---

PS: He also had it notarized

reneeteachj

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Neo rarely scratches - only when he gets scared while I'm holding him. Sapphire, however, sometimes forgets how to retract her claws and gets me often, but it's never very deep, and it's always an accident. I do get a lot of pock-marks in my legs from kitties jumping with their back feet and digging in. I agree that it comes with the territory - totally worth it!
Is it just me, or does it seem like most cat scratches wait about 15-30 minutes before they bleed? Mine almost never bleed right away, it's very strange.

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hell603

He made me sign the first day he came home ---

PS: He also had it notarized
Ah, the heart, the heart - such a driving force!

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Reneeteachj

Neo rarely scratches - only when he gets scared while I'm holding him. Sapphire, however, sometimes forgets how to retract her claws and gets me often, but it's never very deep, and it's always an accident. I do get a lot of pock-marks in my legs from kitties jumping with their back feet and digging in. I agree that it comes with the territory - totally worth it!
Is it just me, or does it seem like most cat scratches wait about 15-30 minutes before they bleed? Mine almost never bleed right away, it's very strange.
Ya know, the thing about bleeding is a very interesting thing to consider, as I understand -- bleeding is our body's first line of defense against bacteria. ?

Gloria

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Arlyn said:
I'm covered in 'love marks'

That's an excellent way of describing it. I have a nasty love mark scar on my right ear that I'll have for life.