Getting Rid Of A Stray Cat Whom I Have Been Feeding

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had no intention of causing any pain. I searched for cat forums and this site was at the top. I thought people here would have better understanding of stray cat behavior. If my mind is not accepting to take a pet then I won't be able to treat her with respect. That is not fair to an animal. I made a mistake and feed her for a week or two. There were other ways on the Internet but I could not bring myself up to use them. If I have caused any pain then I sincerely apologize.
You said this has been going on since this summer. The mother cat brought the kitten to you because she knew you were caring. It hasn't just been a few weeks.

We do have an understanding of stray cat behavior, which is why we are telling you what you can do to EASILY improve this cat's life. We are also telling you that this cat is dependent on you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Neo815

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was only feeding the mother in the summer. She used to drink milk. I only gave solid food to the other cat for two weeks. Which was clearly a mistake on my part.

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Taking care of the mama cat and her kitten was an act of compassion and kindness. That was not a mistake or something you should regret. There are some really cruel people in the world who not only would not help a hungry Cat or kitten, but who would seek to do them harm. I think part of you wants to help this cat and I'm hoping that part of you will come through. If you do, you will have a loving and loyal friend for many years to come.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
N Neo815 life has handed you a wonderful opportunity here. You have the chance to help another living being, a being that quite clearly trusts you and is asking for your help. It's not a huge responsibility. You haven't been asked to save a man's life or help to raise a child. All you have to do is take care of a cat

We have given you some advice about what you need to do and we're here to help you if you need any advice in the future.

Please don't abandon this cat. When she comes back to your house, take her to be spayed and then leave a little food and water out for her every day.

Just those tiny things will make a difference to her.

Neo815

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is there any possibility that she settles in the new location? That house is at 1.7 km distance and there is a huge commercial market in between. There is very heavy traffic on the roads.

Neo815

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She was in a bag when she was taken to the new house. How will she know the directions to my house. I have called their and they are saying that she left the house when they released her.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
No. The only way you can make a cat stay in a new location is if you keep the cat indoors for at least a month and provide her with everything she needs. She is just going to try and get back home.

If there are other cats in the area they will try to drive her away and quite possibly injure her.

She is probably terrified and stands a very good chance of being killed on the road when she tries to get back home.

I told you in an earlier post that she would try to get back home and probably be killed doing so.

I'm really upset by what you have done Neo815. Putting a cat through that because of ignorance is bad enough, but to come here and ask for our advice and then go and dump the cat is a strange area is just cruel.

Neo815

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with everything Norachan has said above. I don't know what putting her in a bag means, and I'm not sure I want to. The fact that you could so easily transport her and that you dumped her instead of helping her get to a vet is heartless.

Do you want to attempt to take some action to fix this mess?

Neo815

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If she returns I will keep her and take her to the vet.

Neo815

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hope the vet is good. A man in Lahore, Pakistan spayed her cat and she still end up with bunch of kittens.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can also ask the people who let her out to put some food out for her and try to catch her.

Neo815

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She left the house the moment she was released yesterday. She is not in that house.

Neo815

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How can she find her way home? She is not even a year old.

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could go to the area where she was dumped and look for her and call to her. She will recognize your scent and voice. Bring some food along in her bowl to entice her to come to you if you see her. Normally cats can find their way back home by the scent they leave along the way as they roam, but I'm not sure how this will work since she was transported in a bag. Also a mile is a long way for her to walk and if she does find her way back home she may be in bad shape by the end of her journey. I am praying for this kitty that God will somehow care for her and that she does not suffer more than she already has.

Neo815

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok. I am going to that area to look for her.

Neo815

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If I find her she won't come with me. How am I suppose to bring her home?

Neo815

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I walked from my house to that area and then came back. There were different stray cats there. One cat looked like my cat but when I approached her she ran in the house. Is it possible that she is scared of me? Then I walked back home.
There are not a lot pets in homes here so it is difficult to find a carrier.
Can she detect my scent and trace it back home? I go out for morning walk daily. That area is near my house. I can go there everyday.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
One thing that might work is making a scent trail back to your house. Is there an area of your yard that she used to use as her toilet? You need to get a sack of dirt that smells like her. If not you can just sweep up some of the dust and dirt from your yard. It will contain tiny traces of her smell. You can sprinkle a trail of dirt from the house you left her to back to your house.

Try to think about the safest route for her though. Avoid busy areas where there is a lot of traffic and try to take quieter streets.

I wouldn't be surprised if she is scared of you. She's been through a really traumatic experience.