Getting our fourth cat on Saturday!

abnihon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm excited!

Here's an interesting question: The cat we're getting is the mom of our 9 month old kitten. (our breeder is retiring her). Sebastian was born in March and lived with his mom at the breeder's until we picked him up in July. Do you think there's any chance Sebastian and his mom will recognize each other after 5 months apart? I have a theory that they'll end up being very close even if they don't KNOW that they're mom and kitten. We'll see!

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It would be very sweet if they recognize each other! You just never know with cats. Btw he's cute (Just saw his catpage)

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They possibly will - Jack wandered in the house yesterday and Da Magpie hadn't seen him in a couple of years. After an initial growl when he got to familiar, she finally realised who it was and they get on very well. She was maybe 5 months old and not well (chilled and not handling winter well) when I brought her in but after a few minutes she did recognise him.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That would be so cool if they remembered each other.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! Hope all goes well with the introductiions (and re-introduction).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abnihon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update - she's been here for a couple of hours. She's been spending most of her time exploring her new surroundings and hasn't paid much attention to the other cats. Miko and Samson are basically ignoring her, and Samson hissed a little at first. But Sebastian is OBSESSED with her. He's been following her EVERYWHERE, staring at her as she explores and giving her a good sniff every chance he gets. So cute! Unclear if he knows on some level it's his mom, or if he's just a super friendly curious kitty and wants to be her friend. Interesting to see how it develops - I'll post pictures soon!