Getting Momma Kitty Fixed

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TNR1

Were you able to find a place that is willing to spay the mom cat?

Katie
I called my vet that I take Harley to, and they said that they WILL do the spay without having any previous vacionations done.

Just for the spay, its $175
(Granted there are no problems during the spay)

Its an additional $42.75 for the rabies, leukemia and distemper shots.

So.... I'm going to give this info to John's Mom and see if maybe she can get it done, I'll even pay 1/2 of it.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's so good of you to get the momma spayed
, I hope his mom goes half with you.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

That's so good of you to get the momma spayed
, I hope his mom goes half with you.
Thanks Tracy

I hope she does too, but what really irks me, is that I really shouldn't have to even pay for this to be done, it should be her responsibilty. Thats what really makes me mad, that I have to be responsible for her - when she's a 40 something year old woman.

(Ok, I'll end my rant.... for now!
)

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
$175!!!
Holy buckets that's expensive! There's a vet in town here that charges $95 for spays. I don't know if I can reccomend him anymore, though. He screwed up one of the dog's spays & it just cost me $300 to fix it....

Is there another vet that is cheaper that might be OK? Have you tried calling the HS there to ask them for a reccomendation of a vet? I'm figuring in my head & I'm tired, but I'm coming up with a total of $217.75 for vaccs/spay. I got both Ophelia & Lily done for that much(granted both already had vaccs-both got a 2nd distmeper shot, though). Are you going to have momma or a kitten tested for FeLV? That test costs $15-$20 here each.

I still don't understand how this woman can have a cat & not give a darn about her?!?!
Does she really even like Kitty?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

$175!!!
Holy buckets that's expensive! There's a vet in town here that charges $95 for spays. I don't know if I can reccomend him anymore, though. He screwed up one of the dog's spays & it just cost me $300 to fix it....

Is there another vet that is cheaper that might be OK? Have you tried calling the HS there to ask them for a reccomendation of a vet? I'm figuring in my head & I'm tired, but I'm coming up with a total of $217.75 for vaccs/spay. I got both Ophelia & Lily done for that much(granted both already had vaccs-both got a 2nd distmeper shot, though). Are you going to have momma or a kitten tested for FeLV? That test costs $15-$20 here each.

I still don't understand how this woman can have a cat & not give a darn about her?!?!
Does she really even like Kitty?
No, she doesn't care, and she shouldn't even have Kitty. John actually found her out in the country when she was a baby and brought her home.

Our new kitten will be getting all the tests and vaccinations - I get scared considering Kitty never was tested for anything, and you never know what could be passed on to the kittens.

I haven't called around to other vets yet, I've been pretty busy here @ work today, so I haven't called around - but the place I take Harley is the cheapest around.

I'll have to call the HS tomorrow and see what they have to say, I just want to get this taken care of, no more kitties deserve to be brought into this world unwanted

(But of course I WANT THEM! All of them
)

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

No, she doesn't care, and she shouldn't even have Kitty. John actually found her out in the country when she was a baby and brought her home.

Our new kitten will be getting all the tests and vaccinations - I get scared considering Kitty never was tested for anything, and you never know what could be passed on to the kittens.

I haven't called around to other vets yet, I've been pretty busy here @ work today, so I haven't called around - but the place I take Harley is the cheapest around.

I'll have to call the HS tomorrow and see what they have to say, I just want to get this taken care of, no more kitties deserve to be brought into this world unwanted

(But of course I WANT THEM! All of them
)
Who wouldn't want those cuties???
I forget those some people have real jobs sometimes & actually have work to do! Good Luck getting Kitty spayed! How long until you get your kitten, BTW? 6 more weeks?

amyscrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont suppose you'd like to drive to So. California. We have a clinic that does spays for $35 and neuters for $30. We use them for all our fosters and I've had my own cats done there too. We even have a SpayMobile that goes around and does them for free in certian areas.