Getting Lazy Cats to Exercise?

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So far the rapid respiration is still going on.  She hasn't had any other "asthma signs" - no coughing, wheezing, or any of that.  Just the rapid breathing.

If it's still going on after today, I think I might ask for a referral to a cardiologist.  I would really want to either find out if this is heart disease, or rule it out.

I think that is a very wise thing to do, and exactly what I would do. Keep us posted!

:vibes::vibes::vibes: Mal :heart3:

meuzettesmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When I had only one cat and asked how to shed the weight off him. My advisor said another cat that was on his level that he could play with, Finding someone who got along, that is the hard part.  

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So far the rapid respiration is still going on.  She hasn't had any other "asthma signs" - no coughing, wheezing, or any of that.  Just the rapid breathing.

If it's still going on after today, I think I might ask for a referral to a cardiologist.  I would really want to either find out if this is heart disease, or rule it out.

Wise...my dee who has been so ill this year, has had rapid breathing several times - one was that he had developed pneumonia, the second was due to congestive heart failure and fluid that had begun to fill up in his chest (relieved with a tap, and since, meds have prevented this from reoccuring).

animallover2001

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i have the same problem with my cat baby too!i know she is fat bcuz she looks fat bcuz she has a big belly!i wish she would exercise and not just lay down and eat parctically the whole day.she is a really good cat on her good days its just her weight!she probably weighs around 30lbs or so but idk.will probably found out more when she goes to the vets