Getting her date right...

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok Vet said skittles is due between the 16-19 of May. Her last day outside was March 22 but I noticed that she was also out Tuesday before that. I never saw her go in to heat so I had no clue. On April 13 Vet said she was pregnant. Could not spay her. Then 2 weeks later her tummy doubled in size and she had xray which I was told could not be done till 45 or 50 days but the vet did it because she was big and had a cold few weeks before and figured he was going to xray the lungs anyways. The last 48 hours she has not eaten alot. Maybe 4 oz of wet food a few morsels of her dry. She is eating and seems restless but like need of me.... Right now she went to hide. I would just like to have my dates right. If I go by her signs she is further but I go by the vet she has little over 2 weeks. I would like to know what dates you all give Skittles to give birth. Do you think the vet is accurate or what. Please post the date. Do you think she will go to 70 days or the 59th....

winterandsmokey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
my vet told me that the kittens will only show up on an e-ray 14 days before they give birth. Taking into concideration that she has not been eating very much and very restless I would think no more than another 7 days. I would think sometime in the next 48-72 hours. is she still drinking? and is she still going potty? those are things you need to look for. my vet told me last time that i should not worry about her not eating. just make sure she was not getting dehydrated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
SHe does drink I noticed she drank out of babies bowl... That is weird 1 She only drank with Dazy the Basset after she passed she never went to the bowl again. I picked the bowl up and tossed it. She just drank from the faucet. Last night she did WOW.... She is mixing me all up lol....

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She keeps leaving the room then she comes back sort of like searching for me.

jlutgendorf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If she got pregnant on the 22nd, then she's 43 days along. If she got pregnant a week earlier, she would be 50 days pregnant.
If we assume she'll be pregnant for 64 days (I think that's average) then she would be due between May 25th and June 2ish?
So I would guess, she's gotten out more in early to mid March based on your descriptions and your vet's predicted due dates. I think that would mean she got pregnant March 3ish?
Oh man, I'm confusing myself now!
I guess I would count from the first time you know she got out to the last time, and then count out 64 days from both dates to get your range of potential due dates.
And it helps if you remember how many days in each month!

~julia

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was also thinking 45 days today but she had an exray done 10 days ago and it showed the babyes. I was told babies could not be seen for 45 to 50 days. Also she is huge....

mommaoftwo2006

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok by using this (65 day) calendar "if" she got preggers on Tuesday the 13th of March then she would be due Monday May 15th which goes along with your vet's calculations! However if she got preggers March 22nd she would be due Wed May 24th...I personally think that she got preggers before the 22nd...Also if she got preggers anytime before the 13th of March say the 3rd like someone suggested then she would be due Fri May 5th...

http://www.purrinlot.com/preg.htm

Not sure if you had this link this is how I got the dates above...I have been playing around with Moe's heat days as well...

jlutgendorf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
http://www.animalhealthchannel.com/felinepregnancy/

Pregnancy in cats should be determined as early as possible following mating. Early diagnosis helps ensure proper care. Feline pregnancy diagnosis can be accomplished by the following methods:

abdominal palpation of the uterus, individual fetuses, and fetal membranes from 20 to 30 days
x-ray of the abdomen from about 40 days
ultrasonic Doppler detection of placenta 1 circulation and fetal heartbeat from about the 4th week
enlargement and pink color of the teats and mammary glands from about day 18
ultrasound from day 18

So you may be able to see the babies at 35-40 days old. Maybe one of the breeders or rescue people would know more definitivly about when babies can be seen by xray.

ooooo! and here's a cool link to a neat xray of a pregnant cat. she must be ready give birth!
http://www.thepetcenter.com/xra/Im11.jpg

Julia

jlutgendorf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mommaoftwo2006

Ok by using this (65 day) calendar "if" she got preggers on Tuesday the 13th of March then she would be due Monday May 15th which goes along with your vet's calculations! However if she got preggers March 22nd she would be due Wed May 24th...I personally think that she got preggers before the 22nd...Also if she got preggers anytime before the 13th of March say the 3rd like someone suggested then she would be due Fri May 5th...

http://www.purrinlot.com/preg.htm

Not sure if you had this link this is how I got the dates above...I have been playing around with Moe's heat days as well...
Ha! no I wish I had that, I just sat here and tried to count days! I don't know if I was very successful!

~Julia

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That was so awsome.... U can see the bones....I have Skittles from 10 days ago and I see no bones

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the calender also but it seems she is due in like week half....Not 2 1/2

mommaoftwo2006

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jlutgendorf

Ha! no I wish I had that, I just sat here and tried to count days! I don't know if I was very successful!

~Julia
Yeah I tried to do that as well with my cat that is due and I was way off when I counted!! That calendar helped me a lot!!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looking at her all day I wish she would pop
She is uncomfortable