Getting frusterated with my cat

mildew

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I really don't know what to do with my cat :(.

Half the time she's the sweetest little thing and loves to cuddle, but there are times where she turns into a ragging ball of fur and attacks people. I have scars all over my arms now from trying to remove her from people's legs, arms, etc and she almost took out my friend's eye one day (he has a nice scar on his face now). She'll stalk people, than jump out of nowhere and latch on with teeth and nails. When I go to remove her, she turns on me (snarling, biting, clawing, and hissing).

I've tried all the suggestions people have given on here a few months ago, and did have her in for a checkup (which they said she was very healthy). I'm at my wits end though. I love her to death, but she's hurting people and I don't know how to get her to stop :(. This has been going on since she was a kitten (she's 6 months now), and is getting worse as time goes on.

I have two kids, and I'm worried she's going to really hurt them one day.

payaza2000

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is it play aggression? I.E swipes your feet as you walk past? Or is it actual aggressive behavior? Hissing, growling?

If it's the first one, you may just try and make her extremely tired by playing with her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mildew

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure. She does attack feet quite a bit, but also lunges at other body parts without warning. Today I just reached down to pat her, and she lunged at my hand, yowling and hissing, without warning. Once she got ahold of me she held on, biting and kicking, while I calmly walked her to the room and pried her off my hand. I put her in a 'time out' after each episode in a quiet room to calm down, and she's great in 10-20 minutes, but after I let her out she's back at it again in the next hour or two. I try playing with her, but she ends up lunging for my hands or feet instead of the toys. Even if I use the laser pointer, she runs around in a playful crazy hissing and yowling for a few minutes, than lunges at my leg and starts attacking me.

It's gotten to the point where I have to lock her in a room when company comes over because I'm worried she'll hurt someone again.