Getting fixed?

racn1320

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a female i need to get fixed late aug and have the appt set up,but something may come up to where i need to delay the fixing about 2 or 3 weeks? Is this to late,i know i can get her fixed anytime,but i want to get her fixed be4 she starts acting weird,she is about 3.5 months old now.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If your vet will spay her now, I'd go ahead & do it ASAP. That way, you are sure she is fixed & there is no chance of any accidental litters.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

racn1320

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
they wont do it till when I have her scheduled.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do you mean age wise? Or they have no earlier appts?

She'll be....what....5 months when you fix her then if you keep that appt? I would think you would be OK...but you could look around to see if any other vet in the area will spay her earlier.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd make sure you keep her inside away from any males that are not nutered until you can get her in and just get her in as soon as possible. Hope all goes well for you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

racn1320

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She always stays inside,and that is when they can do it due to age.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If no vet in your area will do it before 5 months old, I guess you have to wait. But be very sure she doesn't get outside. They can spay even if she comes into heat; tho it will be more costly then normal - not a lot.