Getting a Second Cat: Health Concerns

allmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
THat's great! They are both beautiful and look like they are going to make a nice pair of friends! Yea!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lsanders

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I free feed the dry food, but put out the wet food before I go to bed. This morning there's still some wet food in both bowls, but I have caught Albus eating out of hers in the bathroom. I just re-direct him to his in the office. I think it just has to sink in.

They survived the night...I think. I haven't actually seen her yet, but I know she's here- the windows are open and the screens are still there! I slept on the couch so I could keep an ear out for any problems. She did wake me up a couple times around 4am climbing on top of the TV. We keep some candles and knick-knacks up there, so I had to shoo her down.

Oh, she's emerged from under our bed. I think it's going to take her awhile for her to warm up to us- even though she seems to remember me from the shelter, she still runs when one of us approaches her. But, she's not cowering in fear somewhere, so I'm okay with that. The lady who adopted her said that when she brought her home, she hid in her bedroom for two weeks and refused to eat. I told her I'd email her some pictures, but I thought it might be a little rude to send them and be like, "look at how great she's getting along with my cat on the first night!" I'll wait a week or so!

Aww, she can in here and is letting me pet her a little. Well, that's good!

alpine'smom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is fascinating to read, I'm really enjoying learning about this cat introduction. My husband and I are thinking of bringing in a second cat and I appreciate all the information everyone has offered.

Keep us posted on the situation!

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, she's beautiful - and so is Albus!!! So glad things are going so well.

With mine, after the abortive three days in his own room introduction, I set them both up with their own water and food bowls in the kitchen, maybe five feet apart. Strangely enough, most of the time they stick to their own bowls. My big boy will sometimes go after my girl's food when he's particularly hungry, and she will finish off his wet food if he leaves any, but they're pretty polite. Now I've got a water fountain and they just take turns.

My girl is petite like yours, but my big boy has her coloring. Here's hoping the second night goes well, and best wishes for a very happy family for years to come.