Get this for a barrel of laughs....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Another sign idea. "Go ahead and park here. Owner of drive knows all the numbers of the local towing services by heart!"
That's a great one! But as you say, it doesn make you wonder if these drivers can actually read?!

Originally Posted by SolarityBengals

I remember when I was in Europe on a tour bus the bus got stuck on a one way street. They couldn't make the turn safely as there was a car parked on the corner. The police were there trying to help, allowing us to go up the one way street (not a busy road). But still stuck. So they got all the guys together and picked the car up and moved it... I got a picture rather funny.
I bet the bus driver wan't too happy about it all?!
That's great that you managed to move it though - I bet that picture is classic!

Gail, I just had to laugh at your story!
It must have been so frustrating having to manoever like that! Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing?!

staciej

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When I lived in the Netherlands, you could only park on one side of the street and we lived on the other. However, if you parked a certain way (the street was tiny as always
), you could prvent my dad from getting of the driveway! Honestly!

I think my neighbors painted a square with an X in it on the actual bricks of the road (brick road..ha)in front of thier driveways. Or maybe they had the city do it.

Once my mum got a sign that read in english not to park infront of so and so's house because it was thier parking spot! Parking spots along the street are not assigned and she wasnt in anyones driveway or otherwise impending traffic.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StacieJ

Once my mum got a sign that read in english not to park infront of so and so's house because it was thier parking spot! Parking spots along the street are not assigned and she wasnt in anyones driveway or otherwise impending traffic.
Gosh, now that is cheeky!!
It's funny how people seem to get stuck in their ways and want the same space all the time!!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SolarityBengals

I remember when I was in Europe on a tour bus the bus got stuck on a one way street. They couldn't make the turn safely as there was a car parked on the corner. The police were there trying to help, allowing us to go up the one way street (not a busy road). But still stuck. So they got all the guys together and picked the car up and moved it... I got a picture rather funny.

Frustrating situation though...
That happens way too often in frankfurt

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sar

Ady, I'm not sure I could sue them for it, even if I wanted to!
As the area is part of the regeneration, they haven't really got anything 'sorted' yet - except for where they want to build even more new places!
Actually my dear, I'm pretty sure you can, under he disablity discrimination act because of your poorly knee.

You can't walk for far can you? Therefore you need to be able to drive.