Get out the Kleenex "I've grown up in a cage"

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok I'm bawling like a baby right now her story is so sad and you are such a great person for trying to help her find a good home. If I wasn't in pa and had a more stable finacial situation I would hop in my car right now and come get her. She is beautiful and I can't help but picture her playing with gigi and hercules in the christmas tree sleeping on the kitchen table and being yet another girly friend kitty cat for my bf. I hope that she finds a good loving home she's gorgeous!!!! Worst case scenario ill sell a kidney and come get her she deserves a good happy home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lola spent her very first Christmas in a home, at least. While still "homeless" - she has a place to stay as long as she needs it.

"
No one wants me"

She can't, for the life of her, figure out how Gumby makes these toys so much fun?
(she looks very cranky in this one!)

I need to put a collar on her, as she is always underfoot & has gotten hurt on several occasions - she is hesitant of a collar, but we are working on it by putting this toy around her neck while we supervise.

I
her split lip liner

We are a little over a week into meds, I believe - so far so good. She is most definitely a lover kitty, but at the same time she lives in her own little world. I can't describe it.....she is easy to contain as a baby gate stops her, 18" high & she can't get over it. It has become clear that the other kitties & I must teach her how to groom herself, as she doesn't. She has no understanding of the most basic concepts in life. It's very sad.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Lola spent her very first Christmas in a home, at least. While still "homeless" - she has a place to stay as long as she needs it.

"
No one wants me"

She can't, for the life of her, figure out how Gumby makes these toys so much fun?
(she looks very cranky in this one!)

I need to put a collar on her, as she is always underfoot & has gotten hurt on several occasions - she is hesitant of a collar, but we are working on it by putting this toy around her neck while we supervise.

I
her split lip liner

We are a little over a week into meds, I believe - so far so good. She is most definitely a lover kitty, but at the same time she lives in her own little world. I can't describe it.....she is easy to contain as a baby gate stops her, 18" high & she can't get over it. It has become clear that the other kitties & I must teach her how to groom herself, as she doesn't. She has no understanding of the most basic concepts in life. It's very sad.
I know she will blossom under yours and the other cats' tutelage.
She looks really sweet!!

allmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Poor little, beautiful GIRL!!! Aww! Bless you for fostering her! I am ever grateful that Gigi grew up with her siblings and pals and had a happy start even if in a cage waiting for adoption and that by 12 weeks she was with us at home! I feel very lucky and will go hug her now.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She'll get the hang of it all with time. She's never had anyone to teach her, but by watching the other kitties, and with some help from you I'm sure she'll figure it out.

I'm glad she's doing better with the meds, she really deserves a happy life.

killerapple

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She is a beautiful girl. Your pictures are wonderful. I'll be following this to see when she gets her furr-ever home. Sounds/looks like a sweet girl.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is extremely doubtful she'll find a home in this area. Her best shot is with a rescue in a larger city, which I hope to get her to one - but everyone is as full as we are here - seems kitten season ran very late this year everywhere. So I'm hoping & being patient. In the meanwhile enjoying having her here & watching her learn how to be a cat!

lisar

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Reading her story makes my heart break. She is such a darling little girl, I wish I could take her in. It's just not feasible and who knows if she'd make it all the way down here.

So that you can find a home for this little darling.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We are working on what should be "common sense" things - like move when a person walks towards you, how to jump/climb, how to use a scratching post - the fact that no matter how many times you walk into the baby gate it still won't move.
Just basics in life every cat should know, things she should've learned as a kitten, but instead she grew up in a cage.

The saddest reality of it all is that, in so many places, she would've expired her "time limit" & been euthanized for no reason other than she didn't get adopted within X number of days. Even if she had to grow up in a cage - she still got to grow up.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

We are working on what should be "common sense" things - like move when a person walks towards you, how to jump/climb, how to use a scratching post - the fact that no matter how many times you walk into the baby gate it still won't move.
Just basics in life every cat should know, things she should've learned as a kitten, but instead she grew up in a cage.

The saddest reality of it all is that, in so many places, she would've expired her "time limit" & been euthanized for no reason other than she didn't get adopted within X number of days. Even if she had to grow up in a cage - she still got to grow up.
Amen, sister!