Get out of the Christmas tree!!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MarleyAndMe

well our tree has been up for a few weeks now and marley still loves it, but he loves to lay under it now more than anything!! which is just fine
so now i really don't care if he plays and isn't getting into trouble...i just say his name and he gives me a burrrrr and moves on. just takes time i guess. thank you all for your suggestions and concerns, now i realize that he thinks i did all of this for him, and thats okay
That is great news
The buuurrrrt noise makes me laugh
Of course you put up a tree for him, that was quite nice of you

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by PurpleCJ-7

I have no idea if this would work in your situation or not, but this is what I did, since Kiwi is only 5 months old...
About a month ago I bought an aritficial pine garland (.97 cents at WM) and wrapped it around the pillar in our front entrance. I hung plastic and wooden ornaments in it, and ribbon bows. It looked cute, and naturaly Kiwi went crazy for it. I ignored her, since it was safe for her to climb. This became "her" christmas tree. Last week when we put our tree up Kiwi was right there completely absorbed in the whole thing, but I just took her out, said "NO" firmly and brought her to "her" tree. After a day of this, Kiwi can't be bothered with "our" tree whatsoever because she knows its just no fun. As I am typing this she is mid-way up "her" tree attacking one of the bows. She loves that thing so much, that I think I am going to use the garland to make her her own pine cat tree after christmas.
Now that is one of the most inventive solutions that I've heard in a long time! Great job!!!!!

With 10 cats and 3 dogs, I gave up on trees 15 years ago. My friend (4 cats) holds her tree upright with wire attached to the ceiling. She no longer puts on lights because the cats will chew on them (unsafe). Ornaments are not breakable. You just figure out ways to either divert them or make it safe for them.