Gentle Giants cat food

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tried searching here but all that comes up is talks about Maine Coons. Can't find anything on Catfooddb.com about this. Just wondering if anyone here feeds it to their cats. Says its 90% real meat but I am skeptical.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh wow... that is interesting.

For anyone who is curious, GENTLE GIANTS CAT FOOD AND PRODUCTS
cat-can-chicken-front_orig.jpg

That is a very unique looking product. I don't see anything drastically different in the ingredient label then other canned foods. Where I could find it listed the reviews weren't great. Complaints about the smell, cats not wanting to eat it, and quality of the cans themselves. Which TBH you also see with other brands.

I couldn't find anything about who manufactures and everything points back to exactly what the label says. That it's is a small company making pet food founded by Burt who played Robin in Batmen.

I am not sure if I would feed it since I can't find much on where exactly it's manufactured. As much as I hate large companies sometimes at least they are some what regulated and with something this small it's hard to know if their product is what it says it is.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never planned on feeding the cats it but saw it had a lot of meat in it so I was wondering if others did. I'm sure it's expensive.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This company also runs/ran a rescue that didn't always have the most positive feedback.

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This company also runs/ran a rescue that didn't always have the most positive feedback.
Yes they were/are? a "retail rescue", always full of litters of rare giant breeds, very unsavory reputation for a long time.