Geen Beans!

santan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not a day goes by that I don't get at least a half dozen belly laughs from the habits and antics of my kitties. They are as unlike in personality as two kitties can be, but manage to get along quite well despite it.

There are the occasional rough houses that get too rough at times, mind you, and some petty jealousies occasionally, mainly on the part of my Diva Girl, who feels she should get ALL the beds, ALL the chairs, ALL the attention and ALL the toys, but, in the main, it's a happy household.

As in every household, there are certain occasions which spark particular interest and celebration. One of the most favorite for my boy kitty, Jammy, is the addition of fresh green beans on the menu. Not to eat, mind you, but to do battle with. Whenever I fix beans, I sit in front of the TV, snapping away. Jams exhibited great interest in said beans, so I tossed a couple of small ones down on the floor for him to inspect and the fight was on!

He leaped this way, then that! He pounced on the beans! Batted the beans! Grabbed and shook the beans! Ran and hid behind the sofa and came roaring back in a surprise attack! And they flip up in the air so nicely, those beans!

So, now, whenever fresh green beans are on the menu, we also get a pretty amazing martial arts show. His sister thinks he's cuckoo. Beans? Seriously? But I just laugh and laugh, watching him do the Battle of the Beans. Of course, by the next day, the beans are pretty ragged and limp and I am picking them up from various corners of the house, but it's a lovely spectacle while it lasts.

Beans? Who knew?

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise

Maybe they think they're a heavily disguised grasshopper.  Mine go crazy over them if one finds it's way into their enclosure..

alainasmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Maybe they think they're a heavily disguised grasshopper.  Mine go crazy over them if one finds it's way into their enclosure..
They also might think the beans are green aphids. We had aphids in the bedroom once (who knows how they got in there) and luckily Alaina vigilantly caught them all so I wouldn't have to deal with the crawly pests. 

Last edited: