Gave cat a bath...the other cat is being very aggressive! HELP!

libbyandbabyboy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had baby boy groomed and he is fine and happy. But Libby (female) is hissing and growling. Help. I'm afraid she's gonna hurt him or they will fight. I'll never have him bathed again. Just shaved. But he needed it. It's been 2 days and she's still at it. What should I do? He just looks at her like "what's your problem?" Then walk away or just go lay down. I feel sorry for him.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He smells different so is a stranger now to Libby. You might try rubbing him with a towel and then her to transfer smells. When you take one to the vet I strongly suggest you take them both together, I bring all three of mine, so they all smell the same and this doesn't happen. I have never bathed any of my cats unless they are covered in feces, they don't smell like dogs and are self cleaning. If you bathe one from now on, you will have to bathe them both. But I really don't see the necessity in bathing cats. Libby will eventually get over it, just make sure she doesn't get cornered by him, she'll fight to get away from this 'stranger'. If he is ignoring her, that's good. He may 'look' different too, if you had him shaved. Next time you might bring them both to the groomer. For now, try that towel trick and try to transfer smells by switching anything they lay on so Libby will get used to this 'new' cat again. Watch for any over aggression, but so far everything sounds normal. All the luck!  PS did you see the answer to the post above? Try those Pet Wipes for cleaning found in pet sections of stores like Walmart, etc., make sure they are for cats,dog ones may be poisonous to cats, and then they will both smell the same if both are wiped with the same smell, good advise!

Last edited: