Gastrointestinal

KatyG

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat had a UTI; took antibiotics and since then has very soft poop, pudding consistency. Vet gave Flagyl. This has done nothing. She has hearty appetite and overall acts normal. What could be causing this or what could help. Fecal sample taken to vet and she is free of any parasites etc.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, can you talk to the vet about a pre/probiotic? The combination is best because the prebiotic supports the probiotic so that it can do its job in restoring the balance in the gut. Fortiflora may be suggested but it is not a good choice, there are other better options available.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KatyG

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thank you for that advice. I did buy Fortiflora and used it a few days but nothing seemed to change; I do have Proviable which I had given my dog in the past.

jclark

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
thank you for that advice. I did buy Fortiflora and used it a few days but nothing seemed to change; I do have Proviable which I had given my dog in the past.
Try to stick with Fortiflora for two weeks or more. Fortiflora is helpful because it won't cause problems for cats who may have a sensitivity for typical probiotics (i.e. acidophilus).